• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Are Alden Harris and Isaac Robinson about the two biggest names to potentially switch sponsors? Vinnie was the big one but obviously extended a couple weeks ago.

Brodie's contract is up also but I honestly don't see him leaving Discraft. I actually enjoyed him on Smashboxx last night.

There are probably some other free agents out there that I'm forgetting.

Are Alden Harris and Isaac Robinson about the two biggest names to potentially switch sponsors? Vinnie was the big one but obviously extended a couple weeks ago.

Brodie's contract is up also but I honestly don't see him leaving Discraft. I actually enjoyed him on Smashboxx last night.

There are probably some other free agents out there that I'm forgetting.

I think Isaac Robinson could move, he hasn't been with Prodigy that long and since he's now trying to tour full time could be a good co-headliner for a company that doesn't have a huge guy.

I could even see DD jumping in and getting him as a second MPO name behind Ricky. If the dollars are there.

I think Isaac Robinson could move, he hasn't been with Prodigy that long and since he's now trying to tour full time could be a good co-headliner for a company that doesn't have a huge guy.

I could even see DD jumping in and getting him as a second MPO name behind Ricky. If the dollars are there.

Maybe, but there may be some push to keep 'the kids' - Harris, Buhr, Babcock and Robinson - together to represent the hot young players that Prodigy mostly now represents.

They made a ton of lead cards and hit some huge shots, not to mention taking down a couple of big-time events. I kinda can see Prodigy matching any sensible offer another company might make.

Was just poking around the Ultiworld website & didn't see anything about 2023 contracts.
I think Charlie is on vacation this week. So maybe there will be something in the weeks to come?
Plus, since Calvin already re-upped, the drama we've seen the past few years will likely be minimal, if at all.
But don't let that stop us from speculating. :p

Maybe, but there may be some push to keep 'the kids' - Harris, Buhr, Babcock and Robinson - together to represent the hot young players that Prodigy mostly now represents.

They made a ton of lead cards and hit some huge shots, not to mention taking down a couple of big-time events. I kinda can see Prodigy matching any sensible offer another company might make.

I really can't disagree with this, but can't help but wonder if Prodigy has the money to retain all that young talent.

I have a hard time thinking move nearly as much plastic as Dynamic, Latitude, MVP, let alone Discraft or Innova. I never see anybody throwing Prodigy around here.

That said, I realize some brands tend to be more popular in certain States or regions, and I'm in Discraft/Mvp country.

Does anybody see Prodigy being more popular than even one other big name brand in their area?

My local PIAS stocked them initially years ago, dropped them and Legacy for a while, and are carrying both again.

I highly suspect a big part of that was product availability during peak Covid. I think they would pretty much stock anybody who actually had frisbees to ship. Mvp was another company they carried in the past, lessened inventory, and now back as big as ever. Prodigy's plastic has always felt great in my opinion, some of the molds felt strange in the hand but the more recent ones I've fondled seemed nice.

As far as the Prodigy boys are concerned they all seem pretty tight. I think it'd be naive of us to think Prodigy wouldn't use that as leverage in negotiations. Aka we want to keep you all but there are so many of you that x is all we can afford in order to do so. Kinda putting the pressure of breaking up the band on the players.

Not saying that's what they'll do, but bidness is bidness and all of them have very bright futures. I think you could do that with them all being fairly young right now…something like 100k a year would be huge money to any of them although another company might be offering something 200k a year. I think a group of older players would read between the lines and be more willing to get the very best deal for themselves. Also makes you wonder if the publicly expressed spirituality of a few of them comes into play during negotiations. Aka an obligation of loyalty to stay as opposed to testing waters elsewhere.

Lat 64 must be one of the largest manufacturers as the make discs for SO many brands. . . but they don´t really have THAT many top pros beside Kristin. .
So i do think they have the money to sign a few top pros. . but do they need to?

They would be doing well to keep those guys together. Along with KJ and Cale that's a formidable group.

I do think they drop Austin Hannum this year so many that frees them up to keep Alden and Isaac.

I do think they drop Austin Hannum this year so many that frees them up to keep Alden and Isaac.

I was thinking the same - my gut feeling is we'll see Austin with Clash or Lone Star, someone who will allow a mixed bag.

I really can't disagree with this, but can't help but wonder if Prodigy has the money to retain all that young talent.

I have a hard time thinking move nearly as much plastic as Dynamic, Latitude, MVP, let alone Discraft or Innova. I never see anybody throwing Prodigy around here.

That said, I realize some brands tend to be more popular in certain States or regions, and I'm in Discraft/Mvp country.

Does anybody see Prodigy being more popular than even one other big name brand in their area?

Prodigy accounts for maybe 3-5% of the discs people play in my area (northern upper michigan).

Discraft, Innova, MVP, Dyanamic Discs, Westside, Lat64, Discmania probably account for +90% of plastic in my area with Kastaplast, Mint, Prodigy filling the remaining 10%.

Lat 64 must be one of the largest manufacturers as the make discs for SO many brands. . . but they don´t really have THAT many top pros beside Kristin. .
So i do think they have the money to sign a few top pros. . but do they need to?

On the FPO, you really don't need more than Kristen. She'll keep your brand front and center.

But who's their biggest name in MPO?

Latest posts