• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] The Judge plastic breakdown

How do these compare to Pures?

I've thrown Wizards, KC Aviars, P&A Aviars and now Pures. I've also fooled around with a Judge. In the hand, Wizards, KC and Judges all felt similar (deep rim, bead). Pure doesn't have a bead and is not as deep. A Pure is much faster/longer but is "neutral" to the same extent as a P&A or Judges. As a push putter, I like a faster putter like a Pure that will get to the basket. And a shallow/beadless putter comes out cleanly for me.

So if you like a bead and slower putters, get a Judge.
If you like beadless and fast putters, get a Pure.

Since both discs are manufactured by Latititude, the plastic is the same but with different names.

Classic = Zero Hard
Classic Blend = Zero Medium
Classic Soft = Zero Soft

Last edited:
Classic Hard is great for push putts. I do better with my Summits for spin putting but that might just be due to the lighter weight (175 / 170).

Off the tee, the classic hard starts off slightly overstable and beats in quickly to dead straight. The plastic gets battered but holds up pretty well to dings and gashes. Also have the classic blend but haven't thrown those off the tee yet. Comparing the hard and blend, the plastic has the same tacky feel... only difference is the flexibility and it isn't a huge difference. Don't have any interest in trying the softs.

I would eventually like to have a putter line-up of Fuzion Judge, Classic Judge, Classic Warden.

I've thrown Wizards, KC Aviars, P&A Aviars and now Pures. I've also fooled around with a Judge. In the hand, Wizards, KC and Judges all felt similar (deep rim, bead). Pure doesn't have a bead and is not as deep. A Pure is much faster/longer but is "neutral" to the same extent as a P&A or Judges. As a push putter, I like a faster putter like a Pure that will get to the basket. And a shallow/beadless putter comes out cleanly for me.

So if you like a bead and slower putters, get a Judge.
If you like beadless and fast putters, get a Pure.

Since both discs are manufactured by Latititude, the plastic is the same but with different names.

Classic = Zero Hard
Classic Blend = Zero Medium
Classic Soft = Zero Soft

How would you compare a zero Pure to a Warden? I haven't tried the Warden yet.

I would agree with that for the most part. I think classic leans more towards the S than SS. And classic soft is a bit beyond SSS to me, but not quite RFF. The blend/eraser comparison seems dead on.

I wasn't going to switch from wizards to judges... I really wasn't. I like the eraser wizards too much. But then this blend came out. And I switched.

The classic is definitely closer to Gatway Soft than SS but it really depends on the specimens you compare. First run classic judges are a little bit softer. The production stamps and all the other current runs are firmer and pretty close to the Soft from Gateway. Then of course you have a variation in the Gateway plastics. I used wizards before switching to the judge and I used Soft Wizards. I had some that were super firm and others that had a little flex to them. I really enjoyed Wizards but the Judge just fits my hand like it was made for me personally. :clap:

I really enjoyed Wizards but the Judge just fits my hand like it was made for me personally. :clap:

I used softs and then moved to erasers. I'm still not used to judges off the tee or for approaches, I still need my wizards. But for putting, all judges, all day.

How would you compare a zero Pure to a Warden? I haven't tried the Warden yet.

Previously putted with the ZERO Hard Pure: The Warden measures and feels deeper in the hand, but the smoother rim bottom releases better for me on putts and "touch" upshots. The Warden also has a touch more stability and glide than the Pure, while being a pinch slower.

I prefer the Classic (Hard) for Pitch putting and driving, Classic Soft for Spin putting and all manner of upshots. I'm getting *almost* comparable distance off the tee to the ZH Pure; the Warden just takes a little longer to get there... :thmbup:

If ur looking for a stiff slick putter than the judge is not for you. If they come out with a stiffer slicker blend then the classic then maybe but even the classics have way to much tack to them.

I use the judge for off the tee and not putting. The best off the tee is the lucid plastic. Amazing glide. The next best was the soft judges as they break in very nicely and have nice glide. All of the hards were glideless and I was getting as much as 20 ft shorter drives from them. I have found that hard has a lot less glide for all the putters that comes fomr the lat family. I have tried the Pures in hard, Judges and Sinuses.

I use the judge for off the tee and not putting. The best off the tee is the lucid plastic. Amazing glide. The next best was the soft judges as they break in very nicely and have nice glide. All of the hards were glideless and I was getting as much as 20 ft shorter drives from them. I have found that hard has a lot less glide for all the putters that comes fomr the lat family. I have tried the Pures in hard, Judges and Sinuses.

I'd prefer the fuzion for upshots and driving. The moonshine lucid air is nice and they do have the extra glide and stability but so do dyemax or emac fuzions and they're much easier and cheaper to get. If the lucid air moonshine or just lucid air goes into production anytime soon then I'd say that would be the way to go.

If ur looking for a stiff slick putter than the judge is not for you. If they come out with a stiffer slicker blend then the classic then maybe but even the classics have way to much tack to them.

The white first run judges I have are nice and stiff without the tack. I actually prefer the black classics but I want to wear out what I have for the time being.

The white first run judges I have are nice and stiff without the tack. I actually prefer the black classics but I want to wear out what I have for the time being.

You must have a weird run then. Cuz they are grippy right from the get go, and those first runs that are used that I have felt have been nothing but a slight tack after they break in. Not what I was hoping for.

vq2qdw.jpg

Oooo baby just bought this beauty!

No it's soft lol I'm going to use it purely for putts or may hold onto it and let it stay pretty

Lots of love for this disc. Cant wait to throw mine.
Skizzle, thats a sweet looking piece of plastic.

Yeah this thread got me looking and I found that beauty and pulled the trigger. Going to be hard to throw it and also hard not to throw it haha

I own one Emac Fuzion Judge and I use it only for driving, upshots and approaches. Just a great flyer off the tee for tunnelshots or everything where you need a straight flight. Mine has kept its stability (bought it 6 months ago just for testing and it got a spot from the bag right away) and it's basically flying like a brand new one. I use it up to 300ft off the tee and it flies just as far as my midranges (C-MD2/MD3). Beautiful addition to the bag :thmbup:

My putting putter is McPro Aviar because I just need a beadless putter for putting. I might test the Warden, but the McPro is doing its job nicely so I don't know.

I can definitely recommend the Judge as a driving putter!

Dude, get the Warden. My buddy uses McPros and I use Wardens. The Warden is a little flatter and the classic hard plastic has better grip than the mcpros.

Latest posts