• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Ringer

In that case, I will probably just use the ringer as that approach/short driver and the soft challenger as my putter.

I am hoping that our local PIAS will have some of these when I go there today.

The local PIAS didn't have any ringers...well at least I couldn't find any. I do not think anyone has really payed attn to the disc golf racks as there were innova and discraft discs mixed together. Putters from either company were mixed in with drivers.

Anyway, I found one ESP Zone, so I picked it up. I also grabbed a new Z-Avenger and a new Z-Force. I went out to a course on the way home and played with only discraft discs. I shot a 46(par 54) and it could have probably been a little better if I didn't catch a small cramp in my back on hole 9.

The Zone is definitely beefy. I didn't have difficulties throwing it except for on one hole where I stepped on the front edge of the teepad.

15z1bt0.jpg

I currently bag a Ringer for upshots. I like the shallowness of the mold.

I've bagged a ringer for years.
Primarily used for short approaches that need fade at the end.
Also used as a windy day putter at times.

It's a putt and approach disc I can count on.

I putt with Ringers and approach with Breakers which is a almost identical mold by DGA, which is produced by Discraft.

I have a Ringer coming in the mail. I like shallow putters, and this one seems to be the shallowest at 1.2 cm. Seems to be pretty stable too. Looking forward to throwing it.

I have a Ringer coming in the mail. I like shallow putters, and this one seems to be the shallowest at 1.2 cm. Seems to be pretty stable too. Looking forward to throwing it.

The Ringer is a really underrated disc. If it was more widely available in premium plastic it would likely be more popular.

And yes, it's plenty OS.

Threw this Ringer for the first time today - wow, you can put a decent rip on it. Flies far for a putter.

For those who haven't heard, Discraft is molding a Limited Edition run of CryZtal Ringers as Ledgestone fundraisers. I picked up 3 at my last tournament. They are significantly more overstable than my D Ringers, time to start beating one in!

For those who haven't heard, Discraft is molding a Limited Edition run of CryZtal Ringers as Ledgestone fundraisers. I picked up 3 at my last tournament. They are significantly more overstable than my D Ringers, time to start beating one in!

Feel pretty much identical to a Breaker in the hand?

Feel pretty much identical to a Breaker in the hand?

Yes, and now that I think about it, it flies eerily similar to the Breaker I tried for a bit. Looks like Discraft got me :doh:

They are labeled as Ringers though.

Yes, and now that I think about it, it flies eerily similar to the Breaker I tried for a bit. Looks like Discraft got me :doh:

They are labeled as Ringers though.

I'm sure they are Ringers. I think they must share most/all mold pieces however.
Both great discs.

The Breakers I've seen aren't nearly as flat as my D Ringers. Is the limited edition premium Ringer flat?

You will love a DGA breaker, it's made by Discraft and it's pretty much a premium plastic ringer. Available in SP (sparkle Z) and Proline (ESPish, great grip).

So I recently got a Proline Breaker and a Cryztal FLX Ringer to try against each other. They are both flat as can be and feel basically the same in the hand, but my Breaker flies quite a bit beefier. Both are very high speed stable, but the Breaker dumps off quite a bit harder/faster. Anyone else have this experience?

Breakers have a slightly larger rim width, slightly smaller inside diameter, and are slightly lower profile. All features of flying like a brick (overstable). What I'm trying to say is yes that's a common result between the molds.

I like both molds btw...saying brick wasn't a bad thing!

The discs don't lie, they're slightly different and the breaker is somewhat more overstable.