• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] the Shaman

Yeah, they're completely different animals. I can see why they miss the mark for some players. Baseline shamans get a little squirrelly when powered up. I like them for powered down short approaches, though.

Yeah I hit like one tree and it was unpredictable flippy. Diamond holds up really well. Not great feel for shorter approaches though, I will throw a baseline plastic (not Shaman) for those. I got a baseline Chief OS that is pretty nice. Along with a few others I work in, D Line Zone, KC Pro Whale and even DX Polecat for touchy flips.

Shaman is mainly for longer shots, 200+.

Yeah I hit like one tree and it was unpredictable flippy. Diamond holds up really well. Not great feel for shorter approaches though, I will throw a baseline plastic (not Shaman) for those. I got a baseline Chief OS that is pretty nice. Along with a few others I work in, D Line Zone, KC Pro Whale and even DX Polecat for touchy flips.

Shaman is mainly for longer shots, 200+.

I was thinking about cycling the Chief OS and getting a diamond Shaman to compliment, but the COS is surprisingly hard to find in ss or sss right now...lots of firm or soft, but in MI winters, that plastic is so darn slick....

I was thinking about cycling the Chief OS and getting a diamond Shaman to compliment, but the COS is surprisingly hard to find in ss or sss right now...lots of firm or soft, but in MI winters, that plastic is so darn slick....

Base Chief OS is very straight if you've never thrown it. Closer to 0/1.