• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Uniform

Whatever I have on when the wife says she'll watch the kids so I can go play.:)

I'm with sweller on this one. I'm not too picky about what I'm wearing, as long as it's comfortable. My only dress-code mando is a baseball cap, and on sunny days my sunglasses too. You've gotta take care of your eyes. :cool:

Warm weather: Ball cap, sunglasses (if sunny), t-shirt, cargo shorts, Hanes ankle socks, and currently a pair of camo Etnies Cali-cuts.

Cold weather: Under Armour Fitted Coldgear Long Sleeve Mock, insulated hoodie, Columbia Titanium SoftShell Full Zip Jacket, Ice Armour Gauntlets, long underwear, jeans, insulated calf socks, hiking boots, Seirus Innovation Whiteout QuickClava Beanie.

That's pretty much it for me!

Circa 1980 red with a white stripe running shorts (one size too small, think Richard Simmons), neon striped tank top (at least one size too small, think Richard Simmons again), knee high tube socks (OK, you get it) and a terry cloth headband (gotta protect the eyes).

Circa 1980 red with a white stripe running shorts (one size too small, think Richard Simmons), neon striped tank top (at least one size too small, think Richard Simmons again), knee high tube socks (OK, you get it) and a terry cloth headband (gotta protect the eyes).

I bet you get all the DG chicks!

Is there a uniform or uniforms (plural) for DG and if so how do you decide which uniform to wear?

Believe it or not, in some tournaments you actually have dress codes. Here's what the competition manual states from the PDGA:

3.4. Dress Code
A. All competitors and staff are required to wear a shirt.
B. All competitors and staff are required to wear shoes orother foot coverings. Players will not be allowed to play in
bare feet. Sandals or slides are allowed.
C. The following dress code for all competitors will be
enforced at all PDGA National Tour and Major Events. The
PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced
at Super Tour and lower tier events, but this decision lies
solely with the Tournament Director:
(1) All players in PDGA sanctioned competition and
tournament staff are expected to dress appropriately
and to maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance
at all event sites and associated functions.
(2) All players must wear a shirt covering their upper
chest area. A well-tailored shirt with a fold-down,
mock turtle, v-neck, crew neck, Henley, or zippered
collar, and with sleeves covering the part of the arm
from the shoulder to the elbow (commonly known as
the upper arm), shall be considered acceptable.
Women are also allowed to wear sleeveless shirts as
designated above.
(3) No tee shirts will be allowed, except for competitors in
the Junior and Amateur divisions during preliminary
rounds only. Juniors and Amateurs shall not wear tee
shirts during semifinal or final rounds. Crew neck or
V-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech
materials, such as Dry-Fit, Cool-Max, and others will
be allowed.
(4) Shirts that hang down lower than the bottom hem line on the player's shorts shall be tucked in.
(5) No ripped shirts, shorts, pants will be allowed on the
course. This includes unhemmed, torn or cut "vents"
at the shirt collar.
(6) No offensive, profane, or obscene slogans or logos
shall be allowed on any clothing. Junior players may
not wear slogans or logos referring to alcohol or
tobacco.
(7) This dress code will be in effect from start to finish at
each event, including all tournament rounds.
(8) Players who do not make a cut, but wish to remain on
site through the duration of the tournament, will be
considered spectators and will not be required to
conform to the Tour's dress code.

im just a tee and jeans kinda guy with a nice beanie cause i dont usually fix my hair. i dont really care what i wear as long its comfy.

Warm weather: No shirt, ball cap (or doo rag), swim trunks (never know), short socks and low top shoes.

Cold as sin: Capilene T, fleece T, long sleeve cotton, fleece pullover and golf pullover shell. Legs-capilene long underwear, fleece pants, snowboarding pants, two pairs of socks (one short, one long) and gore-tex Vasques only laced up half way. Big nasty gore-tex gloves with warmers in them. Wool hat and cashmere scarf to top her off.

I can't wait to go back to the warm weather uniform.

Summer I try to play in long gym shorts & a sport material T-Shirt, I dont really like pockets or anything in them when I'm playing, casual or tourney. Fall I have a lightweight pair or military cargo's, the material is kind of water resistant. Winter, Snowboarding pants are THE way to go, with elastic to come down or the Goretex waterproof socks it's a great combination. I try to wear a polo of sport material shirt in pretty much any weather, winter theres just under armor and a long sleeve tee under the polo & usually a large loose fitting hoodie over it at least the first round.

Oh yeah & always sunglasses year round. Even if it's not sunny... maybe the sun will come out mid round :)

I wear shorts and a tee shirt in warm weather and sweats when it is cold.

shorts and a T

I play in shorts and a T. Moderate weather I wear under armour under my T-shirt. Hot Hot weather, I have a loose under armour shirt.
but, after reading the rules, I'll be invsting in an under armuor polo for tounaments.

Year-round, sunglasses go in a pocket of my bag, just in case.

Warm Weather:
Black ASU Fitted Ballcap
Worn T-shirt
Old plain white Etnies (more of a beige now)
Ankle socks
Cargo Shorts(thick shule) or Swimsuit(Water Hazards)
Depending on which the course has more of.

Cold weather (I'm kindof a wuss, and dont play once it gets down to single digits)
Long-sleeve Cotton T-Shirt
Polar fleece sleeveless Vest, with zippered hand pockets
North Face Beanie with polar fleece liner inside
Sorel Winter Boots with crampons attached
Heavy Wool Backpacking Socks
Long Jeans
DeWalt Workshop Gloves

Needless to say, I'm a very warm-bodied individual, and am still fine-tuning my outfit.

Whats the consensus, does anyone throw with a glove on in winter? I cant stand it, messes with my grip too much, and gloves never fit tightly on my little hobbit hands.

Warm weather: t-shirt, sport shorts, ankle socks, tennis shoes.

Cold weather: two short sleeve t-shirts, one long sleeve t-shirt, sweatshirt, hoodie, sport shorts, two pairs of sweat pants, two-three pairs of knee high socks, tennis shoes, beanie, glove on my non throwing hand only, and a handwarmer in the hoodie pocket for my throwing hand.

I will be investing in some hiking shoes, waterproof socks, and under armour soon .

Summer- microfiber "golf" shorts, t-shirt, and ball cap. The shorts are lightweight and dry quickly (from sweat and after wading in after your disc!)

Fall- running/warm-up pants, long sleeve t-shirt

Winter- Invest in some Under Armor!!! It will keep you totally warm without much more than my fall clothes on top of them, and you can still move freely. And, of course, a toboggan on my noggin. I also wear a fleece jacket with pockets in the front to warm my hands between shots.

Before disc golf started dominating all of my free time, I used to play a lot of sports like basketball, volleyball, flag football, etc. I am more comfortable wearing atheltic clothing...gym shorts and a tee shirt...or no shirt in the summer. I don't feel comfortable enough to play in Jeans and especially not in a polo. That's just me though. The "uniform" wouldn't be complete either without the hiking shoes...northface hedgehogs. They have made playing rounds of disc golf so much easier. They are gortex too, so I can walk through or stand in a couple of inches of water without soaking my socks.

I usually play in jeans and a long sleve shirt or wear a bright orange hoodie over a tee shirt. I always rock the beanie with a brim, it's my trade mark, however I have been wearing a camo jeep hat cocked to the side. I'm trying to rock the urban redneck look!

When y'all say "beanie" I can't help but think of this:

propeller-beanie_lrg.jpg

When y'all say "beanie" I can't help but think of this:

propeller-beanie_lrg.jpg

LMAO!!!!! me too........ I do my best to not show up for a round with the latest "trendy look".......... that includes:

Matching plaid shorts and hat (that Justin Timberlake look)
Baseball cap with the brim NOT forward(the brim is to shade your eyes, not your left ear)
Knit beanie/winter hat on a 90 deg day( i guess this falls into the Kurt Colbain look?)
Pants/shorts that are too big to stay on my ass(we REALLY don't want to see your BVD's). How the hell do you get a proper run-up to drive when the crotch of your pants is knee-high??

Go for function NOT fashion..........it will most definitely show in your score :cool:

LMAO!!!!! me too........ I do my best to not show up for a round with the latest "trendy look".......... that includes:

Matching plaid shorts and hat (that Justin Timberlake look)
Baseball cap with the brim NOT forward(the brim is to shade your eyes, not your left ear)
Knit beanie/winter hat on a 90 deg day( i guess this falls into the Kurt Colbain look?)
Pants/shorts that are too big to stay on my ass(we REALLY don't want to see your BVD's). How the hell do you get a proper run-up to drive when the crotch of your pants is knee-high??

Go for function NOT fashion..........it will most definitely show in your score :cool:

Captain Man I in agreement with you.

Latest posts