• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

This is what is REALLY holding disc golf back

I am going to buy reds all the time now.

I am stealing this! :thmbup:

FTFY. All jokes aside, drink what you like. Those things just taste like Lysol to me. The only way to make a good margarita is with anejo tequilla and fresh squeezed lime. Once you've done it right you'll never go back to pre-made sugary mixers.

Top end restaurants use anejo a lot because its more expensive, but typically, anejos don't make great margaritas. They just don't mix as well

Top end restaurants use anejo a lot because its more expensive, but typically, anejos don't make great margaritas. They just don't mix as well

I don't know why, but I trust this guy's taste in tequilla :D

+1

Put another way, putting a good anejo into a margarita is like mixing a nice single barrel bourbon with coke. :sick:

They're made to take neat, IMO, maybe with one ice cube or so.

A good margarita, you need a tequila with some of that tequila tang, so it stands up to the margarita ingredients. I've made mine with Cuervo Traditional forever, it's a good balance of quality without disappearing in the margarita.

Really, the secret to a good margarita isn't the tequila/anejo per se, or necessarily the triple sec, but cheap triple sec can blow it, but it's the juice, IMO.

I like to use a combo of fresh lemons, and Simply Limeade for my sour mix. I try to get Cointreau for triple sec, and Traditional. Boom.

edit: This is so not what this thread was about, is it, lol?

Last edited:
yeah. not there arent anejos that mix decently.(typically the ones that are aged the minimum to get the classification) but the more they age, the more they lose the natural agave flavor, and that's what goes so well with lime and triple sec and salt

yeah. not there arent anejos that mix decently.(typically the ones that are aged the minimum to get the classification) but the more they age, the more they lose the natural agave flavor, and that's what goes so well with lime and triple sec and salt

Totally. Your nicer ones I like to take neat, maybe with a beer back to sip on.

But for realz, you margarita people, you should try Simply Limeade. I find that limes sometimes don't have that much juice, they're inconsistent. Simply Limeade is pretty sweet but not ridiculous, then you use lemons to tart it up to taste.

It's fantastic.

I work PT at a traditional Mexican Cuisine Restaurant. I've also bartended for over 10 years.

The best Margarita uses Reposado Tequila, Grand Marnier and Cointreau.

Anejo is for shooting or Neat.

Blanco is for girls and gangsters.

El Jimador for margaritas.

Don Julio Reposado for shots.

i use el jimador a lot. its one of a bunch that are decent enough to drink straight but cheap enough that i dont mind mixing. its probably the most readily available at that group.

but for shots....nothing. i would never take a shot of tequila

But for realz, you margarita people, you should try Simply Limeade. I find that limes sometimes don't have that much juice, they're inconsistent. Simply Limeade is pretty sweet but not ridiculous, then you use lemons to tart it up to taste.

It's fantastic.

agree. imnot a huge fan of squeezing it straight from limes. a little lemon is often better. there use to be a premix taht was key lime-meyer lemon that was really just perfect but i dont think its in production anymore

I work PT at a traditional Mexican Cuisine Restaurant. I've also bartended for over 10 years.

The best Margarita uses Reposado Tequila, Grand Marnier and Cointreau.

Anejo is for shooting or Neat.

Blanco is for girls and gangsters.

shooting is simply a waste

You may be right, as it is a less expensive anejo that I use for margaritas. But once I discovered the difference between 100% agave tequilla and mixto, and then the difference between anejo and resposado, anejo's have been all that is in my liquor cabinet. To be honest I don't make very many margaritas anymore, I prefer the taste of a really good anejo tequila neat, and if I'm going to mix I usually make a paloma as opposed to a margarita. My cousin is dating a guy from Mexico, and he made us a pitcher of palomas last summer and I've been hooked ever since. They're easier to make than a good margarita and are just as refreshing.