• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Thought Space Athletics

The flight numbers say Comet but the rim definitely looks Meteor.

The Fuse always seemed like the most Comet not-Comet to me, but I never really clicked with either mold.

I prefer Meteor / Buzzz SS constant angle beadless rims.

The flight numbers say Comet but the rim definitely looks Meteor.

The Fuse always seemed like the most Comet not-Comet to me, but I never really clicked with either mold.

I prefer Meteor / Buzzz SS constant angle beadless rims.

Bummer... Guess I'll keep looking then. After 15+ years of throwing Comets, that's gonna be too timid a disc for me... 😮‍💨
Glow K1 Kasta Gote in lighter weights? I have a 176g one but haven't thrown it. Reviews say less stable than the flight numbers suggest.

So I lost my Maria Oliva Construct and replaced it with an Ethos one. Pretty interesting how much more overstable it is in this plastic. A completely different slot in my bag, until it beats in.

How much flipper are the Aura and Ethereal?

My Ethereal is definitely a tick more US than the ethos. The Aura Construct is so much flippier than either, it's like a 10 speed Mantra.

My Ethereal is definitely a tick more US than the ethos. The Aura Construct is so much flippier than either, it's like a 10 speed Mantra.
Would you say the Aura ones are too flippy to rely on for distance hyzer flips? Would Ethereal be better for that? The Nebula Ethereal ones are pretty good for it, but man are they run in, "good luck seeing this, even in the open!" colors...

Would you say the Aura ones are too flippy to rely on for distance hyzer flips? Would Ethereal be better for that? The Nebula Ethereal ones are pretty good for it, but man are they run in, "good luck seeing this, even in the open!" colors...
I guess depends on one's arm speed, but I think Aura Construct's are good for distance hyper flips that turn and ride a bit! Ethereal for me fades pretty reliably after they pop up. I've only thrown my MO Nebula Ethereal a few times, but it doesn't feel very different from my normal Ethereal.

Yeah, as pretty as they are I know the Nebula discs are gonna get lost unless I get them in pink!

I guess depends on one's arm speed, but I think Aura Construct's are good for distance hyper flips that turn and ride a bit! Ethereal for me fades pretty reliably after they pop up. I've only thrown my MO Nebula Ethereal a few times, but it doesn't feel very different from my normal Ethereal.

Yeah, as pretty as they are I know the Nebula discs are gonna get lost unless I get them in pink!
Sounds like I'll need one of each, I guess... 😅

If only the pink MO ones didn't sell out before they showed up everywhere... All the ones in any site or shop are grass green, dark blue, or leaf orange. Mine was purple, and I was dumb and left it behind after throwing several on one hole... 😭

What would be the closest comparison in stability to the Construct, Coalesce and Omen (all in Ethos)? I have them all on order but it's three-ish months until the snow is gone and I need to scratch the itch a bit haha. I have high hopes for the Coalesce but I suspect it might be a bit straighter than what i want. How would it compare in stability to an Anax or a PD? Omen compared to a Flare? Construct compared to an Undertaker?

Last edited:
What would be the closest comparison in stability to the Construct, Coalesce and Omen (all in Ethos)? I have them all on order but it's three-ish months until the snow is gone and I need to scratch the itch a bit haha. [COLOR=var(--text)]I have high hopes for the Coalesce but I suspect it might be a bit straighter than what i want. How would it compare in stability to an Anax or a PD? Omen compared to a Flare? Construct compared to an Undertaker?[/COLOR]
My Ethos construct is like the stability of a middle of the road ESP undertaker. Some flip, some fade, while still in nearly new condition. Where it differs is distance. The undertaker is pretty average on distance for a 9 speed, and the Construct is super long for a 10 speed. It's pretty even with my distance drivers, the Scorch and Surge SS.

I've heard some people compare it's stability to a longer thunderbird, as well.

My Ethos construct is like the stability of a middle of the road ESP undertaker. Some flip, some fade, while still in nearly new condition. Where it differs is distance. The undertaker is pretty average on distance for a 9 speed, and the Construct is super long for a 10 speed. It's pretty even with my distance drivers, the Scorch and Surge SS.

I've heard some people compare it's stability to a longer thunderbird, as well.
Yeah IMO the Undertaker should be rated as an 8-speed. I would even be more comfortable calling it a 7-speed than a 9.

I think Skamanda's comps for the Ethos Construct are dead on.

I think the Flare and Omen are pretty comparable in terms of stability, and the Coalesce is a tick straighter than an Anax.

FWIW I hate the Omen and the Coalesce and feel they fly like glideless discs, as opposed to the Construct which seems to always be pushing.

I think the Flare and Omen are pretty comparable in terms of stability, and the Coalesce is a tick straighter than an Anax.

FWIW I hate the Omen and the Coalesce and feel they fly like glideless discs, as opposed to the Construct which seems to always be pushing.
That was what I thought, I had hoped that the Coalesce would be at least as stable as an Anax. Well well, it might be nice anyway!

I like glideless discs, imo they are more controllable. So that's only a good thing for me haha.

That's funny, I liked the Omen less than the Flare because the one I have has more glide and often pushed straighter before fading.

That's funny, I liked the Omen less than the Flare because the one I have has more glide and often pushed straighter before fading.
Well, this is what I want from the Omen, basically a slightly longer and slightly straighter complement to my Flare, while still being low glide and very OS.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Aura Construct vs. Mantra? I feel like they overlap heavily, but I can't seem to make the decision to pull the Mantra out of my bag, because it just goes so far for its speed. Any preferences on one over the other?

Well, I got no answers, so I took both a domey Aura Construct and my best Mantra (a flat Ethos one, the most turn resistant one I have) out to the course to find out just how much they overlap. For reference, my max distance right now is somewhere a bit over 375.

The Construct turns as hard as the Mantra, but the Mantra holds the turn longer, and has a longer straight portion of its flight after it stops turning. The fade isn't terribly different between the two, but the Construct will fade out of an anhyzer to a degree that it wouldn't be the disc I'd use for a long anhyzer or turnover, until it beats in a fair bit. Honestly, between the two the Mantra being flatter makes it more comfortable in my hand, so I probably won't put in that work with the Construct any time soon.

That said, I will probably keep the domey Aura Construct in reserve as a backup tailwind driver.

I'll still bag a flat Aura Construct. It's done a really good job for the same lines I used to throw a rarely flippy ESP Undertaker for. It'll be a great stable fairway driver.

Latest posts