• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Thought Space Athletics

Picked up a couple omens this weekend. Flat predators are my favorite but don't exist in the wild anymore. The Raptor just doesn't do it for me. Hoping the Omen is more that type-2 overstable flight that I want from that slot.

Anyone with opinions and comparisons for the Omen? I'd also wager this is the mirror of the Mint Phoenix?

Picked up a couple omens this weekend. Flat predators are my favorite but don't exist in the wild anymore. The Raptor just doesn't do it for me. Hoping the Omen is more that type-2 overstable flight that I want from that slot.

Anyone with opinions and comparisons for the Omen? I'd also wager this is the mirror of the Mint Phoenix?

I've got the most recent run of Ethos Omen and Eternal Phoenix. YMMV, but I think the Phoenix fades earlier and harder when thrown on the same lines. It's a fairly good standard Firebird replacement, whereas the Omen is more "straighter Firebird" and completely replaced my 2021 Sexton.

Local shop just started carrying TSA and the shiny new plastic got me to try out a Pathfinder. This thing is incredible...not much else to say about it, I wanted to throw it on almost every hole because it can do anything. Such a good disc.

I've got the most recent run of Ethos Omen and Eternal Phoenix. YMMV, but I think the Phoenix fades earlier and harder when thrown on the same lines. It's a fairly good standard Firebird replacement, whereas the Omen is more "straighter Firebird" and completely replaced my 2021 Sexton.

Haven't thrown a Phoenix, but I have a flat Aura Omen covering my OS 9 speed slot right now and I'm really liking it. Definitely a step up in stability over my (more stable end of the spectrum) 2020 Sexton. Not quite a FAF Firebird but pretty dang overstable and likes to flare skip. Maybe the plastic make a difference?

this doesn't give me a whole lot of context because I've never thrown a captain's raptor. Plus it was fairly obvious in his throws that the angles weren't matched up very well, like the anhyzer flex he put a lot more angle on the raptor.

Guess I'll just have to find out myself, but actual field work will have to wait until after hockey season is over.

Sorry to thread jack, but have you tried 750 FX2? The FX2 is very close to preds in feel/flight. My Dickerson (and I assume other 750s now that Chris moved to discraft and is/was throwing preds) 750 FX2s are very reminiscent of old flat ESP preds. Maybe a touch more OS than the pred. Lost my last flat esp pred a year and a half ago. Still pretty bummed about it.

If you want a Praxis in baseline plastics, grab a Mint Bullet. They are identical, and they've been run in a variety of firmness levels in their baseline which is not-at-all-confusingly called "Royal."

IMO the Praxis / Bullet is the disc people _should_ be going nuts over the way people are freaking out about the Glitch.

This is good to know. I have a group of friends who absolutely love the bullet, and I have been curious. I had a praxis and did very much like it, but it didnt quite make the bag.

Can you (or anyone) compare the Praxis to the Proxy? I am digging my Glow proxy in my night bag and it flys much like my memory of the praxis, maybe just a touch more stable. I am considering a neutron (hopefully less stable than the glow) for the day bag. If the praxis fits that role, I may prefer it. I imagine TSA will be pumping up production some this year and they will be easier to come by.

If they put Gilbert's, Olivia's or Bell's (or proctor or oakley... Stinchcomb and Andyke too?!) name on one, I would love to support them too. Such a good group to be representing the brand.

Now that I am looking at the team page and seeing all the names together its hard to imagine a more chill and non-controversial team.

Can you (or anyone) compare the Praxis to the Proxy? I am digging my Glow proxy in my night bag and it flys much like my memory of the praxis, maybe just a touch more stable. I am considering a neutron (hopefully less stable than the glow) for the day bag. If the praxis fits that role, I may prefer it. I imagine TSA will be pumping up production some this year and they will be easier to come by.

I A/B the Proxy/Praxis as my throwing putters at our local pitch & putt course.

Glow/Plasma/Soft Neutron Proxy
Aura/Nebula Ethereal Praxis

Both molds fly very very similar lines at around 200''. The Glow Proxy gets a slight nod for finishing fade over the rest. Have a Glow Praxis on the way to compare there.

I've been leaning more on the Praxis lately for drives, butI do tend to prefer the Soft Neutron Proxy right now for confidence on forced anny flex-to-flat approaches, but that just down to hand feel. I really think between the two it just comes down to that hand feel. (I'm also comparing the similar Mint Eternal Bullet right now and find that to be straighter than the Praxis/Proxy)

I A/B the Proxy/Praxis as my throwing putters at our local pitch & putt course.

Glow/Plasma/Soft Neutron Proxy
Aura/Nebula Ethereal Praxis

Both molds fly very very similar lines at around 200''. The Glow Proxy gets a slight nod for finishing fade over the rest. Have a Glow Praxis on the way to compare there.

I've been leaning more on the Praxis lately for drives, butI do tend to prefer the Soft Neutron Proxy right now for confidence on forced anny flex-to-flat approaches, but that just down to hand feel. I really think between the two it just comes down to that hand feel. (I'm also comparing the similar Mint Eternal Bullet right now and find that to be straighter than the Praxis/Proxy)

Which would you say typically throws flippier, Praxis or Neutron Proxy? I like my glow proxy and its fade cause its my only throwing putter in the glow bag, but in the day bag I think I want flippier (less fade) than the glow cause it will be paired with an envy.

Which would you say typically throws flippier, Praxis or Neutron Proxy? I like my glow proxy and its fade cause its my only throwing putter in the glow bag, but in the day bag I think I want flippier (less fade) than the glow cause it will be paired with an envy.

I think a non-glow Proxy is going to be ever so slightly flippier than a Praxis on the first half of a drive. Agreed that the Glow Proxy is more similar to any standard Envy. That Eternal Bullet I mentioned feels identical to a Praxis but flies noticeably straighter than the Proxy/Praxis combo. Nearly dead straight.

So the bullet is straight, does that mean more high speed stability or less? I guess I am confused if you consider the praxis/proxy left finishing overall, meaning the bullet is less stable finishing and straight. Or the Praxis/Proxy are more right finishing, and the bullet is more stable. If I throw my glow proxy over 70% I find it very straight, or right finishing.

So the bullet is straight, does that mean more high speed stability or less? I guess I am confused if you consider the praxis/proxy left finishing overall, meaning the bullet is less stable finishing and straight. Or the Praxis/Proxy are more right finishing, and the bullet is more stable. If I throw my glow proxy over 70% I find it very straight, or right finishing.

I'm saying the Bullet flies less HSS at the same speeds for me. We won't get into the left/right semantics of me being a lefty.

I'm saying the Bullet flies less HSS at the same speeds for me. We won't get into the left/right semantics of me being a lefty.

Thanks for clearing that up, though it would have been humorous if we had gotten into a whole nother level of confused if you just went with it and did not disclose your lefthandeness.

My nautilus stamp Aura Praxis are pretty identical in stability to my royal firm Bullets.

These are my field practice discs right now, and pilot delta is really the only difference in flight. They're all pretty fresh, but the Bullets being baseline will obviously lose stability quicker on the course.

I think the Nebula Aura Praxis I had were slightly more stable than the Aura Praxis, but I dont have them to compare in the field.

I've considered picking up a Proxy to try since they look similar and should be more available, but JTrain convinced me to stick with what I have. I may pick one up just to compare next time I see one in person.

Last edited:
Sorry to thread jack, but have you tried 750 FX2? The FX2 is very close to preds in feel/flight. My Dickerson (and I assume other 750s now that Chris moved to discraft and is/was throwing preds) 750 FX2s are very reminiscent of old flat ESP preds. Maybe a touch more OS than the pred. Lost my last flat esp pred a year and a half ago. Still pretty bummed about it.

I have not - but knowing that both of our Pred throwing days extend way back to DGR, I trust your recommendation and will be looking to pick up 1 or 2 next time I get to the shop. It might be a few weeks before I get to throw again, but I'll run them against the Omen and Raptor to see how they compare.

Anyone throwing the experience with the various Synapse blends/ runs? How do they compare?

Have a pair of lighter Ethos I have been liking. Looking for something a little more OS, glow?, and US, lighter aura/ ethereal?

Anyone throwing the experience with the various Synapse blends/ runs? How do they compare?

Have a pair of lighter Ethos I have been liking. Looking for something a little more OS, glow?, and US, lighter aura/ ethereal?

I've thrown them all and they're definitely not for me but the Glow and Aura are both more OS than Ethos, Ethereal for me is pretty comparable with Ethos for me.

Well I can definitely say the omen and alpha are distinctly different and definitely not the same mold which was speculated previously.

Still trying to figure out if the omen is good for me or not. The aura versions seem quite a bit more overstable than the ethos. But it's winter and I haven't thrown much lately so it very well is operator error, and not a great approximation

Latest posts