• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Thought Space Athletics

I've been able to throw the Omen, Coalesce, Construct and Votum (all in Ethos) on dry ground a couple times now and I'm very pleased with how they feel and fly. I think the flight comparisons I received earlier in this thread are all spot on.
  • Omen is less stable than a Flare, but still very OS, I'd say like a Splice or the most OS Firebirds you can find. Flat and feels good in the hand. Flight numbers are fair.
  • I'd also describe the Coalesce as a tick straighter Anax or Thunderbird. This was the one I liked the most. It's very workableand predictable under power, but still remains OS enough to be reliable. A great 9 5 0 2 disc.
  • I've heard the Votum being described as a shorter Coalesce (or more commonly vice versa), but this was not my experience with my discs. The Votum shows a decent amount of turn for me, but still fades. Released on a hyzer it flips up and over, rides a bit and then fades back. I'd say 7 5 -1 2 is fair. Closest disc that I have would be my slightly beat in MF Teebird3.
  • The Construct can definitely be described as a faster and longer Undertaker. Super flat and feels very good in my hand, FH and BH. About the same stability as the Votum I'd say, but a bit more touchy as it doesn't fight back as well from being turned over. 10 5 -1 2 is fair I guess, maybe 1,5 fade.
The Omen won't make the bag now since I love my Flare. The Coalesce will definitely make the bag and probably the Votum and the Construct as well. The Construct might come in and out though as that type of disc is not something I usually rely on.

Last edited:
I've been able to throw the Omen, Coalesce, Construct and Votum (all in Ethos) on dry ground a couple times now and I'm very pleased with how they feel and fly. I think the flight comparisons I received earlier in this thread are all spot on.
  • Omen is less stable than a Flare, but still very OS, I'd say like a Splice or the most OS Firebirds you can find. Flat and feels good in the hand. Flight numbers are fair.
  • I'd also describe the Coalesce as a tick straighter Anax or Thunderbird. This was the one I liked the most. It's very workableand predictable under power, but still remains OS enough to be reliable. A great 9 5 0 2 disc.
  • I've heard the Votum being described as a shorter Coalesce (or more commonly vice versa), but this was not my experience with my discs. The Votum shows a decent amount of turn for me, but still fades. Released on a hyzer it flips up and over, rides a bit and then fades back. I'd say 7 5 -1 2 is fair. Closest disc that I have would be my slightly beat in MF Teebird3.
  • The Construct can definitely be described as a faster and longer Undertaker. Super flat and feels very good in my hand, FH and BH. About the same stability as the Votum I'd say, but a bit more touchy as it doesn't fight back as well from being turned over. 10 5 -1 2 is fair I guess, maybe 1,5 fade.
The Omen won't make the bag now since I love my Flare. The Coalesce will definitely make the bag and probably the Votum and the Construct as well. The Construct might come in and out though as that type of disc is not something I usually rely on.
I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on a construct that's domey, if you get the chance to throw one. It's such a different animal from the flat ones

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on a construct that's domey, if you get the chance to throw one. It's such a different animal from the flat ones
A domey one in Ethos? I've heard, and seen videos, that the Aura is quite a bit flippier right? Is it the same with the domey ones?

For those that have thrown the Coalesce in multiple plastics, are there any differences in stability? I'm gonna get a couple of backups but might look into trying some other plastics as well, the same for the Votum.

Edit: I haven't thrown the Mantra, but TSA's fairway lineup is absolutely top notch IMO. I would not be sad at all if I was forced to throw only their fairways. I mean, I'm not gonna do it, but hypothetically. With the Omen they have the Splice/Cap Rap, but I think they might be missing a slightly less overstable low glide 9-speed, like a Raptor or FD3. Also a more understable 7-speed. But then again, most manufacturers have solid lineups nowadays.

Last edited:
A domey one in Ethos? I've heard, and seen videos, that the Aura is quite a bit flippier right? Is it the same with the domey ones?

For those that have thrown the Coalesce in multiple plastics, are there any differences in stability? I'm gonna get a couple of backups but might look into trying some other plastics as well, the same for the Votum.

Edit: I haven't thrown the Mantra, but TSA's fairway lineup is absolutely top notch IMO. I would not be sad at all if I was forced to throw only their fairways. I mean, I'm not gonna do it, but hypothetically. With the Omen they have the Splice/Cap Rap, but I think they might be missing a slightly less overstable low glide 9-speed, like a Raptor or FD3. Also a more understable 7-speed. But then again, most manufacturers have solid lineups nowadays.
The aura is more consistently domey than the other plastics, but my undertaker equivalent currently is a light weight flat one. The best domey ones are the nebula Ethereal. They basically close the gap between fairway and distance driver.