• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thoughts on the Mako

Probably, slightly faster/more stable than an Aero with maybe a little less glide. At least older Aeros, have not thrown the newer DX flatter Aeros. An Aero is a good comparison.

Good disc. Won't replace a stable to overstable mid bnut fits well in my bag. Last use was a 50' FH shot through a 2' wide gap that had to stay stright for about 15' before beginning to fade. Worked well, considering my FH sucks most of the time.

I haven't heard much sustained buzz about the Mako. Are you all still throwing yours?

Yes, but with winter weather I'm not getting out nearly as much(if ever beyond now until spring after that snow storm). I also don't use my mids a ton anyways...only if I need that long approach that's not driver length. I still like it, but it all depends if I need something to follow a line, or need something overstable like a roc to cut around something or fade back from an anhyzer.

The Mako Replaced my Comets! I have not missed my comets one bit....i really njoy the mako. I will say I dont think I would rely on it to be my only mid BUT it is a great complimentary disc and I think it could find a spot in many peoples bags.

Latest posts