• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throws for Tots, USO

tom12003

Eagle Member
Charlotte DGC held their second annual Throw for Tots DG event yesterday. Rewards were super for the kids, the USO, and the players. Toys for tots got over 120 toys; cash for the USO (almost $3400--about $1,000 more than last year which was doubled through a donor challenge); and the players ($15 registration if they brought a toy, $20 without) ended up with a players pack of a $10 discount from a local retailer and TWO (donated) tickets for Monday's Charlotte Bobcats (versus Golden State) NBA game. Both raffles and ring-of-fire involved everything from VERY rare discs, portable baskets, to $100 gift cards to super restaurants). 100% went to charity. Players (112; TOO many 6-somes) were competitive, but it was for charity; fun by all!

Kevin (Oak) Tritten (tied for 2nd at 2012 USDGC competition division) pulled this charity event together for the second time; SUPER Kudos to him!

I put a brand new orange Shark into a Toys for Tots bin. It was my first disc(and my kids), and I thought the cool factor of a Shark might appeal to a kid.

This would be a good idea to get some good exposer for those who don't know and a good way to be seen as a positive light for our local communities.