• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tim Selinske - US Masters

i dont get adding temp holes to CV either. I could see that if it was maxed out registration. Does152 atm justify the extra holes?

The extra holes aren't about accommodating more players. With only one round a day, I believe the temp holes are about adding more holes so you're not just playing 18 holes every day.

goosefraba1 said:
Are the temp holes up yet?
I know Dave was out there marking the course on Monday and Tuesday. I would think the temp holes should be marked now, but obviously baskets won't be put out until the tournament.

And yes, I would also guess that Dave will want 4 packs.

Haven't played there in bad rain before but I can see where this place could get muddy & slick in a hurry.
Island hole "C" could turn into a scoring mess in the rain/wind and the long open holes in a downpour would be miserable. Could be memorable.

Yes, we are ready for the rain if it comes. Tons of work has been put into Vettiner this year dealing with muddy spots on the course. We had rain during the second day of the CVO pro weekend earlier this year and there were no problems with the mud like there has been in the past and even more work has been done since then.

Seviren is on a big hill and that course takes the rain no problem.

The most recent projections for hurricane Isaac have it slowing down staying further away from us, so it's looking more favorable.

Sounds good and should be fun either way (wet or very wet). Got schedule worked out so I will be in town tomorrow around 6:30pm. Thanks for all the work!

CV was an absolute mess the last time i played there in the rain, very slick on a few of those holes...did your division corrected yet :D

Yeah, as Adam said CV has been greatly improved insofar as muddy washouts etc.
And no, they still have me in grandmaster division. :confused:

Good luck Louisville with the masters, hope the weather is somewhat forgiving for you guys. Should be memorable for those who play.

It was awesome watching those guys play Seviren Lang today. Barry and John were playing quite well and we got to watch all sorts of great shots. The shot of the day for me was John McCray's near ace on hole 9 (pics below) that landed directly under the basket and skipped just a few feet away.

9c0cb3cd.jpg

3d356abc.jpg

abb35322.jpg

c2c84dee.jpg

Did'nt I almost Ace that when I played a round with you Adam?...Oh ya, it was in my dream. Wish I could have made it down,just to see that! Hope all is going well.

Playing at a Major is a great experience, and there's a lot to praise about how professionally this one is being run. I'm just going to skip over all of that and go straight to my one complaint, and that's the general lack of restroom facilities convenient to the courses. For example, CV and SL each have one restroom facility, and the women's card in pool B/C got started right next to it at each course so far. So we had 27 holes to play today without passing the restrooms at all. And if there's a restroom at Iriquois, I didn't see it. Would it have been that costly to bring in portolets for the weekend?

How long are the rounds lasting? I have Friend playing he posted a 5 1/2 round!?

^ No doubt!
I walked away (after finishing 20th!) with $140 in plastic and a mini L'ville Slugger bat. Coupled with the player's pack and I find it was well worth my time.
Great experience!

Latest posts