• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Titanic

Casey 1988

Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
Is it true the Titanic in all plastic is a Magnet L mold and X mold is the original Mangnet with lower dome due to a slightly higher nose on the Titanic? It is almost like they try to make the Titanic with a higher PLH and a tad more rounded nose. I have heard that by some the Proline Titanic is a bit different mold up then the D plastic, I mean the Proline plastic has a separate approval on PDGA.

Proline plastic, does the slickness ever wear off like it does with ESP or X?

I just got 2 Proline and have ordered 2 more due to the Proline as that plastic for the Titanic not being made anymore. If I decide with the Titanic that the plastic is not worth it I can sell the 2 newer discs I will leave blank just to sell online to collectors or throwers of the mold.

PS: I got the plastic type to be hot weather replacements for the Jawbreaker Magnet as the Jawbreaker plastic over 90 F and more so over 100 F has too much grip and tends to want to grip in the hand.

Last edited:
Titanic is a magnet with a spacer.
thanks
Thought so, basically a Magnet with higher PLH so the Titanic is a Magnet with the alternative nose in L and Magnet in X with smaller original shorter nose. I like the disc as it is a slower flying Magnet by a Tad, but I wish the Magnet it's self had a more grip plastic that was stiffer like the Proline Titanic. Pro D Magnet and D Titanic (same plastic) can get slick with some runs and the Jawbreaker stinks in hot weather over 90-95 F but gets worse the hotter it is outside, humidity helps up to 100 F on fixing the plastic. The Clutch is a lower Hydra top with a Magnet Wing and does not feel right in the hand. Hydra is made in the Stiff R-Pro so the mold is better and would work but I would need to beat the mold to a more neutral flight like the Magnet/Titanic.

Latest posts