• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] TL Mold

Moonshine

Double Eagle Member
Hello. Quick question on the TL. Is it a variation of the original Teebird mold or something completely original? For example, you often here that a PD is a Firebird bottom with an Anhyzer top. Was the TL created through a similar process? Thanks!

It is the teebird L mold. Stable to understable. Used to be called Teebird-L.

My 2nd run T is Much more understable than my 2nd run TL.... just sayin.

OP's asking about the physical mold, not the flight characteristics.

(No idea)

I've always heard that the TL mold was created for CE plastic in an attempt to match the stability/flight of a DX TeeBird. I could be way off base with that, but I believe it debuted in CE plastic so it always seemed legit to me.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Some argue the L stands for the leopard wing, which is flat and slanted not concave like the tbird.

My 2nd run T is Much more understable than my 2nd run TL.... just sayin.

Is your 2nd Run TL +mold? That has been a problem child.

Tbirds have a notch on the wing TLs do not exactly like Eagle X's have a notch and ELs do not.
TLs are straighter Tbirds.

I could be wrong about this, as my first TBird was a CE, but I believe the TL is the original mold. Ken Climo and other top pros wanted a more stable version and they changed it to the version now known as the TBird. They put the original mold back out as a TL. By the way L means less stable.

I could be wrong about this, as my first TBird was a CE, but I believe the TL is the original mold. Ken Climo and other top pros wanted a more stable version and they changed it to the version now known as the TBird. They put the original mold back out as a TL.

Nope

The TB mold was the original and was made in dx. The first TLs were called SE Teebirds and were made of Innova's first Pro-type plastic...They have the top and core of the TB, but the bottom wing is flat. It was designed in response to the switch to more durable plastics (first SE/Pro and CE soon after) which tended to make discs more stable with less glide compared to baseline plastics (for which all discs up until the TL were designed for).

Last edited:
relative to a t bird it absolutely is

I can see your point, but it's only flat until it takes a sharp angle down to the inside of the rim. At the end of the day we're arguing semantics. A TL is flat from one end of the wing to the other.

So the SE and the CE mold Tbirds were what is now a TL. I never had or even remember holding a DX Tbird. At the time I was throwing Eagles then KC Eagles. I believe my first Tbird was an SE.

Does anyone actually RECCOMEND the TL? I threw Teebird/Eagle as my drivers years ago. I still have a 9x KC Pro Eagle in the bag, and I'm looking for a compliment to it, and to ditch the River, which for some reason I just can't get the hang of. I'm interested in the TL or a Teebird...anyone care to list some tangible pros and cons to help me out?

I love my TL. Use it for when I just have to hit the gap or need to finish straight. BH or FH I love it.

Latest posts