• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] To what extent do you throw your putters?

Do you throw your putting putters

• Only putt with them

Votes: 39 16.6%
  • Putts and upshots

Votes: 43 18.3%
  • Putts, upshots, and drives

Votes: 153 65.1%

• Total voters

Spike Hyzer

Birdie Member
I am toying around with the idea of starting to throw my putting putters off the tee to save some space in the bag. What do you all do?

If I can reach it with a putter, I will throw a putter. Your sig says you throw Pure and Harp and those are fast putters so you could probably cover a lot of ground with them. That's why I don't usually carry a ton of midranges just a straight one and a slightly overstable one. I leave the extreme beef for a utility driver and utility putter.

I recently just changed from Swan2's to PA4's for turnover throws. The Swan2 is still my putting putter. I bang chains from everywhere so I don't plan on changing.

Must have missed that the first time. Don't throw your putting putters!

Oops, I totally made the same mistake and missed the "putting putter" part. I do not throw my putting putters for anything other than putts.

Yeah, I missed that too.

When I play a quick round and just carry 4 discs in hand, I have a putter I do everything with, but in the bag? Nope, I have a designated putter and leave at that.

if i can reach it with a putter its getting thrown. i love putters. do a ton of putter only rounds. my circle putter only putts i carry three more for other duties.

I throw putters for the majority of my shots, I have one wizard that's just for putting and another three for drives and upshots.

Soft Envy - Approaches
Medium Harp - Putting and OS approach

So yes, I throw my putting putter.

My putting putter will occasionally see approach shots (sticking the landing) but more than 9 times out of 10 I'll use my driving putter for them.

I don't make a distinction between putting and throwing putters. I understand why people do it, I just don't think it makes a significant difference to my game. I love to watch putters fly more than any other disc and I love when someone says "did you just throw a putter?"

I love when someone says "did you just throw a putter?"

Ya, I love that too.

Never never never ever throw your putting putters. As a matter of fact I have 7 putting putters that I have never thrown and rotate through to keep them all broken in evenly. But I'm weird like that.

When I used KCP Aviars I justed carried one for throwing and one for putting. Now that I use wizards it's gotten much more complicated and bizarre.

You can putt your throwers (warmups, practice) just don't throw you putters.

If you putt with premium plastic I would imagine that it's different but putting premium plastic. ... :sick::sick:

I only throw my putting putters in a putting motion - sometimes that's a long jumper layup shot. Mostly though, I do not intend for them to touch the ground.

OP - is your bag small? or do you just want to put more drivers in? I'd say your approach discs do more work on the course and are worth the space they take up.

I don't throw my putting putter too often off the tee just because I don't want to taco it on a tree or scuff the bottom too drastically.

That said... "putting putters" are usually the best throwing discs because they are worn in so evenly. My putting Wizard is beat to heck but in the most gentle kind of way. The nose is extremely compressed from chain smashing and it flies on absolute ropes.

Latest posts