• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 5 US Monuments I would love to huck a disc off... tell me yours

mrstiggy

Par Member
1. The torch of the Statue of Liberty
2. The top of Georges head on Mt. Rushmore.
3. The top of the St. Louis Arch
4. Empire State Building State Building Observatory
5. Seattle Sky needle

I dont really want to do this for long drives, but it would be great places to sacrifice DX discs for memorable moments.

It'd be fun to play disc golf from roof-top to roof-top in NYC.

I would agree with #1 Torch on Lady Liberty

#2 Alcatraz, just to see if I could escape [via] the water [hazzard]

#3 Area 51, at night with a glow in the dark disc. (Those aren't UFO's they're working on, they are new and improved golf discs)

#4 Grand Canyon-Parashant

#5 The Smithsonian, maybe then DG would make it's way in to history, where it belongs.

over the washington mall....what a water hazzard long wide and shallow enough to retrieve your disc
Love to send a roller down the hoover dam
I think a throw off the washington monument might actually slow speed fade and actually circle around the monument a few times that would be cool to see
Would love to throw down the hilly streets in San Fransisco
I could think about these all night

Monuments are both natural and man-made so I have both.

1)The Washington Monument - To see it head for and land in the pool in the plaza.

2)The Golden Gate Bridge - with a boat down below with a basket. I am going for the ace.

3)Devil's Tower National Monument
Devils_Tower_CROP.jpg

4)Steptoe Butte in Washington State
Steptoe.JPG

View from the top
Steptoe_view.JPG

5)Seattle Space Needle (not sky needle)

Screw your "US" qualification, I want to huck off of the Christ the Redeemer statue in Brazil, aiming at some hot Brazilian beach chicas of course. "Sorry ladies, here let me massage that massive bruise my Champ Wraith gave you.":D

Awesome. It'd be cooler if all the tourists were looking up though. But seriously...that putter dude is hardcore. Even without the statue he's gonna fall flat on his face!

Angel Falls. The worlds tallest waterfall with a height of 979m (3,212ft) and a clear drop of 807m (2,647ft).

Attachments

• Angel Falls majestic.jpg
    Angel Falls majestic.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Venez3.jpg
    Venez3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 21
I live a stone's throw from Niagara Falls. One of these days I'll go up there with a camera for all of you and huck a few off.

Playing a Grand Canyon course would be the new definition of epic.

I would add the Sears Tower, any city scape from the rooftops, and the Tooth of Time at Philmont NM.

new river bridge in wv (second highest in the world)
devil's tower
half dome
grand canyon
top of the stratosphere in vegas

Just 'cause its local and a pretty wild deal just sticking up out of the ground I am going to go with Stone Mountain GA:

stonemountain2.jpg