• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Top ten worst discs made by innova/discraft

Dave Feldberg explains this very thing in the Clash Video Cliff Stevens. Ken throws something understable with a hyzer because as the disc fades it is still relatively level to the ground and therefore still traveling forward. An overstable disc will try to burn into the ground after taking the turn. So, if you want a disc to really go far left, throw understable.

Thanks man........thats what I was getting at

1. Groove
2. Wolf
2. Wahoo
3. Blizzard Wraith
4. R-Pro Beast or Beast L
5. Glide
6. Breeze
7. TeeDevil
8. Archangel DX
9. Pig
10. Dragon

Honarble Mention (i.e., discs that others love but I personally hate): Leopard, Eagle, Teebird, SL, Orc, Force, R-Pro Aviar.

breaks my heart the force is on your honorable mention

I don't think you're seeing my point.......

Maybe you need to do a better job of explaining it instead of wearing out your period key.

While throwing something understable on a hyzer line is a very valid throw, it doesn't make any sense to think that a high level pro doesn't need overstable plastic or to say the Nuke OS isn't a good disc because it won't be setting any distance records.

Stupid noob question here, but why all the Dragon hate? My husband found one that was beat to hell and back again (no chips out of it though!) with no name or number, and he and his buddy's hated it, but it's the only disc in my bag that I know will do what I want it to when I play with it...

groove, kite, sonic, polecat, wolf, archangel, dragon, wahoo, vulcan, skeeter.
list done.

The Sonic is an absolutely bad ass disc. I know I am in the minority here but nothing is catch Frisbee like and putts better IMO.

there is a lot of lid hate ITT (like I said earlier) probably because there are a ton of folks on this forum that don't know how to handle a lid.

We all hate what we can't handle. For some it is lids. For some tight wooded fairways. Sounds a lot like human nature. That's a tough one for many people to over come. Nobody likes to admit defeat or weakness.

I don't understand all the starfire hate...

1. Groove (duh)
2. Max
3. Archangel
4. Birdie
5. Spectra
6. R-pro anything
7. Boss
8. Rhyno
9. Dragon
10. Teerex

So reading through the pages I have 3 of the discs in my bag that people seem to hate. Dragon, I can sort of see why. But why the Kite? And especially why the Birdie? Sorry, I havve not been playing long enough to understand I guess.

Birdie is a kids version of the Rhyno :p

The NukeOS is unquestionably more overstable and faster than the other discs in Discraft's line-up so it serves it's purpose. The Ape, on the other hand, isn't as overstable, and the Blizzard Ape is a joke, so it ranked in my top 10 of worthless molds. You can just get a PD2, Max, "good" Xcal, or beefy Destroyer and be better off than you would with the Ape.

why no love for the valk or leopard.........also the epic is made by aerobie

Valkyrie
groove
monarch
epic
dragon
wahoo
ape
leopard
nuke os

Since you can not read, I do not take your choices seriously.
DISCRAFT AND INNOVA.
Leopard is one of the most popular and versitile, and you selected the former distance record holder and another top seller as you #1 worst disc.

Anything ergonomically gimmicky (Groove, Banger GT, Buzzz GT, Monarch) or most molds in blizzard plastic.

Last edited:
I am going to my first tourney this weekend? Will I get made fun of when I whip out my Birdie to make my putts?

no I actually love when someone pulls out the birdie and kicks ass....I say go for it.....the Birdie is actually 1/2 Rhyno.....and the Rhyno is seen as a macho disc....just cracks me up all the silly hate

How many people here have thrown the groove vs just hate it because everyone does? Not trying to doubt peoples dislike, just seems like everyone got suckered into buying one.