• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Towels, a problem for rookies

I've got a couple Towches from tournaments. Played with them for a minute or two, haven't used them since. Not real interested in carrying around a pouch full of mud.

Dollar towels from Wart Mall in gallon ziplocks. A bunch of them.

My local walmart carries your typical cheap wash cloths by the bundle. I think you get 18 of em for like $4-$5. Cheap enough for one time use but durable enough to toss in the wash as well. Like others have said, no need to get all fancy.

Train your hand muscle and skin - and you will never need a towel again...
I'm working in vegetable farming- hands are often wet and dirty and you still have to work. I never had issues to grab any disc no matter if it is wet, cold or dirty or altogether. The only reason to clean the discs is that I don't want a big mess in my bag.

I agree with you...partially. I used to landscape. No, not mowing lawns. Real landscaping, hardscape and soft. Grip strength and tough skin are huge pluses. However, there's a point where the plastic is too slick, the weather too cold or too wet.

I just use a full size bath towel. someone inevitably goes in the drink at some point and since I wear vff I'm the disc retriever.

I've got a couple Towches from tournaments. Played with them for a minute or two, haven't used them since. Not real interested in carrying around a pouch full of mud.

Dollar towels from Wart Mall in gallon ziplocks. A bunch of them.

So the Towches are garbage? I was thinking about picking one up but I was thinking the same thing about all the mud and debris inside. Plus no towel works as well as the Inniva fly drys. It's a cool idea though. I would probably just use it for a pouch more than a towel. (maybe a pouch to hold my good towels!)

The best towels are the ones you steal from hotels. True.

The dollar store has 16x24 dish towels in a 3 pack for $1.00

The dollar store has 16x24 dish towels in a 3 pack for $1.00

I've tried putting grommets on the cheaper Dollar Tree and Walmart towels. It seems that no matter how hard or soft I strike the hammer, the grommets seem to cut a partial hole in the towel.

I've tried putting grommets on the cheaper Dollar Tree and Walmart towels. It seems that no matter how hard or soft I strike the hammer, the grommets seem to cut a partial hole in the towel.

That was the problem I had as well. I want to be able to clip the towel to my bag because I have a tendency to drop them when not attached. That's why I am trying the ones with the loop stitched in.

That was the problem I had as well. I want to be able to clip the towel to my bag because I have a tendency to drop them when not attached. That's why I am trying the ones with the loop stitched in.

When I get paid, I'm going to try the little more pricey towels and slamming a grommet through it. Otherwise, I'll pay a visit to my local area swap meet or sporting goods/golf store.

Dude that sucks. I never put a grommet on my towels (proof in my videos I'm always holding it like a safety blanket) but the ones I got were about the same quality as the Legacy towels I got at the factory.

Have you tried folding the corner down like you would with a page in a book then hammering in the grommet?

Dude that sucks. I never put a grommet on my towels (proof in my videos I'm always holding it like a safety blanket) but the ones I got were about the same quality as the Legacy towels I got at the factory.

Have you tried folding the corner down like you would with a page in a book then hammering in the grommet?

Now that may be a new direction. I will have to locate my cheapie towels and try it out. Or I may grommet 2-3 towels together. One layer for immediate removal of gunk. Second layer for even more (finer) gunk removal. Third layer for drying. Something like that.

Folding the corner would have been the logical step. I will try that in the future. Thank you for the suggestion. I am always amazed at how easy it is for me to lose towels. I have a tendency to allow myself to get rushed and grab my bag to get to the next shot.