• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Trilogy equivalent of an Innova beast

I used to throw Beasts in Champ and Star. 167-169gm Westside Northmans in Tournament plastic fit the Beast role, for me...

I used to throw Beasts in Champ and Star. 167-169gm Westside Northmans in Tournament plastic fit the Beast role, for me...

I was gonna say, it seems like a Northman might fit this role. I used to throw a Northman, but found it to be very form sensitive and almost overly glidey. I would miss my angle right just a bit sometimes (rhbh) and I swear the thing would sail well past my target point and about 250 ft too far right. Just kept going. I got frustrated and traded it to a friend. He no longer uses it either. I guess I wouldn't really recommend it but you might have better luck with it, who knows?

Beat-in Saint has the same slow turn as a Beast.

Northman is a good suggestion as well.

Beast, Orc, and Starfire all shared the same top initially I believe. The OG Beast and Orc were more or less identical fliers. I do not like the new Beasts at all though, I like the DGA Rogue a lot better for sure.

The Beast L mold is garbage. Its been out forever. For me it feels like a clunkier Sidewinder. Its a sluggish flier and can be really flippy. The Beast X was a wondrous mold. It was a hair flippier than an Orc, with a reliable late fade. I think Innova thought the Beast X was too similar to the Orc. That caused them to introduce the Beast L. Horrid mistake.

Innova should NEVER have messed with that mold. Beast Xs can be found nowadays, but I don't see them often.

Surge SSs and Rogues are decent Beast alternatives. Both are a speed faster though.