• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tyler 54 Tyler, Texas

BullyBull

Birdie Member
I was looking at the pdga site and cant find this tournament on the site for sign ups. I heard it was happening a few weeks back but cant find any info on it.

Does anyone know what the deal is?

it was, they moved it for whatever reason. I think it was at the end of this month at first.

Ok, thats what I was thinking. I was looking forward to playing it and didnt know if I missed sign ups or what the deal was. Glad to find out its moved back, maybe it will be a little cooler in Sept.

anyone playing this? i dont know many people from that area. who's letting me stay wt them?!

yall should check out the full color stamp on the pdga site, and if anyone is needing a local to play with when you come shoot me a pm. and emook im sure i can find you a place to crash.

I signed up yesterday, but I'm not on the pre reg list yet. Who knows how many people are signed up already? I heard a rumor this tournament fills up fast.

Gold course (AKA dogwood) enthusiasts be advised, the tournament flyer says, "Modified dogwood for recreational, junior, and womens divisions." I assume that just means we will play from the short tees, instead of the long, but who knows?

yall should check out the full color stamp on the pdga site, and if anyone is needing a local to play with when you come shoot me a pm. and emook im sure i can find you a place to crash.

nice, i'll give you a shout. i played piney woods last year, so im familiar a little with the courses, but im coming up friday morning for this tournament.

This being my home course I sure hope I can make it. But, that being said, if anyone wants to come down and get a round in let me know. I got Saturdays, Thursdays and Mondays to get out and throw. If you haven't had the chance yet Dogwood is a fantastically fun and frustrating course. You should play it at least once before you play it in tournament play!!

"Modified Dogwood" will still be tougher than 90% of the courses in Dallas. Come on down and get a practice round in.

Dogwood, IMO, is a great course to play during this summer HEAT. It is mostly shaded but it is a bit of a walk.

lindsey gold is pretty dang sweet. i may play this as my first tourney.

Lindsey Gold is a BEAST, if I was down in louisiana in september i'd sure as hell make the drive to play the tourney. I think Lindsey Park is a gem that gets overlooked in DFW's shadow.

I think Lindsey Park is a gem that gets overlooked in DFW's shadow.

You're right, but it's only overlooked by those whom have never played it. Once you play it you will never forget it, IMO, it is better than any course in DFW.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dallas disc golf, Lorch, Harry Meyers, ZBoaz, Lewisville and on and on. But, Dallas has nothing like Dogwood (Lindsey Gold)!

Gold course (AKA dogwood) enthusiasts be advised, the tournament flyer says, "Modified dogwood for recreational, junior, and womens divisions." I assume that just means we will play from the short tees, instead of the long, but who knows?

they usually put the baskets in the short positions for tourneys. last time i played it they had every basket installed basically as far as possible before getting to the next tee...INSANE!

surely that is what they are rectifying for the tourney, at least that's what they do for the one in December.

dogwood course does not have short and long tees, only one set of boxes. from what i recall. and yes it is a perfect course to play when it's hot out b/c of all the shade. take 2 waters and prolly some snacks as well. seriously, by the time most people get to hole 12-14 they're toasted and out of water. bad news!

also watch where you step, b/c if you get bit by a snake out there, and they are out there, you have a looong run back to the parking lot. and cycling that much blood thru your body along with the adrenaline...you may not make it out alive! you could be in serious trouble and I am not kidding about this. I say this b/c my friend skybird was literally standing over a 5-foot Moccasin at one of the teepads before he even realized it. luckily he didn't get bitten!

also there's a TON of poison ivy, just like anywhere in East TX. my secret = long socks, or jeans, and an immediate shower afterwards, maybe even with Tecnu X-treme scrub (for ~$15...it's worth it).

as far as strategy, lots of buzzz/roc type throws on the tight holes. stay in the fairway. that's it!

Dallas has nothing like Dogwood (Lindsey Gold)!

QFT

I felt like I was running a fever as high as my score by the end the first time I played this course. I've never even come close to 49 over before. It's like playing two rounds instead of one.

Can someone please tell me how to find the tee to hole one on the blue course with respect to the parking lot and tee one for the gold course?

Can someone please tell me how to find the tee to hole one on the blue course with respect to the parking lot and tee one for the gold course?

2 ways:

1. Pull out of the parking lot, driving north, between the softball fields and holes 11 and 12 of the Red Course. Turn left on 364, and there is another parking lot near a basketball goal immediately on your left. Park there and enjoy holes 1 and 2, over 1400ft in 2 holes!!!

2. Just walk from the parking lot, where the two practice baskets are, up the stairs toward the concession stands. You'll see the same basketball goal and parking lot. 1 is near the right field foul poll of the Northeast field.

The 1st on Hickory (blue) is actually at the other parking lot up by the soccer field. You'll have to go to the exit on the spur and take a left, then it's the next left. Park on your right as soon as you enter and it's right there.

2 ways:

1. Pull out of the parking lot, driving north, between the softball fields and holes 11 and 12 of the Red Course. Turn left on 364, and there is another parking lot near a basketball goal immediately on your left. Park there and enjoy holes 1 and 2, over 1400ft in 2 holes!!!

2. Just walk from the parking lot, where the two practice baskets are, up the stairs toward the concession stands. You'll see the same basketball goal and parking lot. 1 is near the right field foul poll of the Northeast field.

hahaha, what up dawg.

Latest posts