• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Understable complement to pro wraith

For anyone who throws Pro Wraiths as your main distance driver, what do you use as an understable complement?

See below

Scuse me for interjecting gyro but that might be plasma Wave country.

^ This. Although I used N Wave as my main DD, with Pro Wraith (replaced by GL Sapphire) as the "overstable" complement. Yes, I am a hyzer-flipping noodle arm, why do you ask? :rolleyes:

Scuse me for interjecting gyro but that might be plasma Wave country.. Been a long while since I threw wraiths though. Speed 11 I believe, generally 5g or more lighter than normal when/if moving to overmold.

I bag a Plasma Wave in the US slot next to a GStar Wraith. Definitely a good pairing.

Thing is, that GStar Wraith is getting beat to a point where its stability is basically the same as the Wave's, and when I replace it the GStar will probably take the Wave's place. So I agree with the consensus that the OP's Pro Wraith will eventually become the ideal US complement to a fresh Pro Wraith. But in the meantime a Plasma Wave would be a great choice.

Beat Pro Wraith is the best answer, sticking with the RR is a solid choice as well.

Honorable mention to the Pro Valkyrie..."only speed 9" but they go faaaar (-2/2 turn and fade respectively if you're unaware)

Star Roadrunner or Sidewinder.

Well after trying many different discs I am back to report that I firmly believe Wraiths and Roadrunners go together like peas and carrots.

That said, nothing beats a beat wraith.

GStar Mamba is what you're looking for.

Last time I compared a GStar Mamba to Star Roadrunner I recall the marginal extra distance not being worth the decrease in control. But it's been quite a few years and now you're making me want to try a Mamba again...

Last time I compared a GStar Mamba to Star Roadrunner I recall the marginal extra distance not being worth the decrease in control. But it's been quite a few years and now you're making me want to try a Mamba again...

I had been very meh on the mold for years. The domey GStar ones are fantastic. But yeah, Star Roadrunners are just great to have in almost any bag.

Latest posts