• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

understable midrange: what's in your bag?

I am using the comet, but it's not truley understable unless it beats in. The fuse is also really good, has tons of glide and is good at sweeping hyzers too if you don't flip it up from a hyzer (as most US discs are good at)

My Opto Fuse is far and away the best mid I've ever thrown, and I've thrown them all.I used to use a Star and Champion Mako for this duty and as soon as I threw my Fuse for the 1st time I never threw a Mako again.That disc gets a lot of compliments, it really blows people away when they see those sick lines.

I have a gummy star Stingray. It turns right but has just enough stability to flex back a wee bit at the end and land flat.

My problem with many understables is that they knurl and run away.

My choice for understable mid

Z-Comét...some say the mark over the 'e' is is the reason it came in my misprint package, but maybe it's French, non?
:p

The Mako could fit the bill - or, cheaper and perhaps more fitting, might be the often overlooked Wolf. You'll find the low-profile bottom on the Wolf reminiscent of the Buzzz; it also has a thumbtrack. The Mako has very little fade, can hold mid-range anny lines, but definitely has a 'feel' that one has to get used to - it has no bead, but a fairly 'deep' bottom. Also, one has to mention a Roc - one thing it can do, among many, is mid-range anhyzer lines.

i'm recently finding myself in the market for an understable midrange but haven't thrown many. i've got a 167 panther that kind of fills the spot, but i want a heavier disc and maybe a little more understable. i'd like to stick with premium plastic and by no means am i looking to fill the spot with a "beat in" this or that.

purpose for the disc: hyzer flips, flattened hyzers, anny approach shots with little/no fade, broadening my exposure to the understable world

initially i was thinking 175 star/echo kite, or maybe a star wedge. i wouldn't mind some input from lat64 fans and the discrafters. maybe a buzzz ss to compliment my esp buzzz

METEOR or even a GLIDE

Same thing, but the glide has a sharper edge, so it turns faster and is made for a little longer distances

but seriously, these 2 are SOoooooooo good. just get it man

I'm more a fan of the whole beat-in plastic thing, so I've got my Beat Ass Warrior. It's beautiful. I've been beating on another for a back-up. It's getting there.

I'm more a fan of the whole beat-in plastic thing, so I've got my Beat Ass Warrior. It's beautiful. I've been beating on another for a back-up. It's getting there.

it's not an idea that i'm opposed to, but i want to get something truely understable so it fits the bill right out of the box. the plan is that when this one gets too beat, hopefully one of my straight fliers will be beat in to fit the spot and i can start the cycle.

Latest posts