• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC - Actual Tournament...

Harold, I believe I read or heard you say once that on a good hole, a player should stand on the tee with a mix of anticipation and anxiety. If you didn't, then I've been mis-attributing it to you. Either way, I love that philosophy, and it's been one of our design fundamentals at Stoney Hill.

Thanks for joining this forum and offering your insight, on Winthrop Gold and the USDGC.

Hi David,

I believe I said that. That mix of emotions is pretty compelling. Hope that you and all of the Stoney Hill gang are doing well. Take good care, Harold

Thanks. It's a great thought, and now I can continue to credit you for it, as well as blame you as we struggle with a hole that has plenty of challenge and scoring spread, but not enough...........fun.

We're doing great at Stoney Hill, except for a couple of missing names in our guest book. Though we are sweating with our own anxiety at the moment, with a tournament in 3 days, wondering if we'll finish everything we've planned, and what we might have forgotten. I don't suppose you know anything about that sort of anxiety...............