• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC

petecarp

Par Member
Just got back from the USDGC in Rock Hill and what an experience. i worked thursday, friday and today, spotting on hole 5 in the first position which is an absolutely amazing hole (for the record the longest non roller teeshot of the week on hole 5 was made by david wiggins jr. i believe). after spotting today i got the chance to hold the boom microphone for the innova cameraman and was able to get up close and personal with the lead card all the way to nathan doss' victory interview in the 18th circle. The lead card included nathan doss(champion) ken clime (former champion) avery jenkins (2nd place) and paul macbeth (age 20...absolute baller). It was an amazing week especially today and the tournament was superbly ran. As a volunteer we were treated better than players at most tournaments. Top notch job.

I just got back to my hotel from USDGC. Great Tourney. What a lead card! Very entertaining, well played, and just a great experience overall. This was the first tourney I had ever been to and to see some of the worlds best all playing together; it was just really great!

If you're in the area, they are having "Spectator Day" tomorrow. You can sign up for a tee time and play the Gold Course at Winthrop. There is also a pro shop with tons of discs and golfing apparel for you to check out. I would highly recommend it!

oh yeah i picked up 3 bosses this weekend, including a clear white one with USDGC insignia for spotting this week. although extremely fast avery was still turning them over in the distance competition over the lake.

Attachments

• Photo 42.jpg
    Photo 42.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 24
Sounds awesome guys. Wish I was able to make it down to watch.

Nice disc man. I ended up getting 2 bosses (One is a very rich "Merlot" and another is a faint orange) but they just have the roc skull and crossbones in the bottom right hand area of the disc. Funny thing is that I have been playing DG since the beginning of the year and this is the first time I have paid for ANYTHING. I have 2 bags, 15+ discs, I've just always found discs or been given bags.

But yeah. Spec. Day tomorrow! Me and my buddies are teeing off at 9:10. Hopefully we'll be done by 1:30ish. Very hard course.

No better time to pay for your first discs Lance ;) And way to be the only player in our group to successfully throw the shortcut across the water on hole 5! (with a stingray?!)

It was awesome to see the pros throwing ROCS over the lake at Winthrop (over 500 feet) at the distance showdown.

i was going to play during spectator day but the idea of a 5 hour round of disc golf on an extremely frustrating course just didnt sit well with me.

a 5 hour round of disc golf...
an extremely frustrating course...

it was... and it was!
my group alone lost at least 11 discs in the lake :D
i'm proud that at least we went for everything!
I actually had 6 pars and 1 birdie but also two 8's and four 7's.
There was only one 2 on our whole card! Sad but true.
My brother hit the shot of the day sick 70 foot putt anhyzer around
the bamboo on hole 7.

Those guys playing the USDGC must really stink. If everything is a par 3 then their scores were horrible! There weren't even that many rounds in the 50s. Just look at all the guys who could only shoot +14 (68), not to mention shooting in the 70s! :rolleyes:

Long live "Every hole is a par 3!" ;):p:(

Any idea how many spectators there were over the course of the event?

A whole lot of people there.

Spec. Day took forever! Me and my buds started at 9:00am and ended at 1:40pm. Was it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!!! We can now say that we've played the hardest course in the world and some of us can say that we finished. Haha. Pictures coming soon!