• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Verdict love (cycling, plastics, prototypes, etc.)

oh, btw I asked dynamic if they will make the verdict in base plastic. They replied that they haven't planned it yet but that they are known to change their plans. So maybe if they get a couple more requests...

Id love a verdict or justice in classic. That or an electron vector would easily take the OS mid spot. Loving the verdict for high hyzers that keep going left!

I love this disc. I need more grip though. Any other comparable OS midrange discs in baseline plastic? It seems almost all are only in premium plastic. Really would like to get a Verdict in Classic plastic.

Verdict has to be my most favorite disc that I never throw. It is reliably straight, sneaky long and has a solid but not overwhelming fade at the end.

The reason I never throw it though is that I have a max weight Fuzion Truth that does the same exact thing. I always carry bunch of Truths and I love that I can get that flight from the same mold that I use for flippy turnover shots as well.

That Fuzion one is a bit of a freak so in case I lose it, the Verdict might come back.

I love this disc. I need more grip though. Any other comparable OS midrange discs in baseline plastic? It seems almost all are only in premium plastic. Really would like to get a Verdict in Classic plastic.

Gateway S Warriors are very similar to the Verdict.
Check them out!

A Pro D Drone might be similar.

Drone is a notch or two slower. I agree the warrior is the best option for faster stable/overstable baseline mid.

I've been considering this as a go to forehand mid, anybody throwing it?

I like the m2 now but think I'd like the lower profile grip and extra speed of the verdict.

Yeah totally agree on the baseline plastic for the Verdict. They really need to get in the game and have everything in baseline as an option. Both Innova and Discraft all carry just about everything in a baseline plastic.

I believe the Millennium Sentinel is very close to the verdict. I use to throw the Sentinel some ten plus years ago so I can't remember exactly the exact stability. It just seemed like it was good and stable and would out distance rocs by a few feet.

Now who is starting the petition to send to trilogy for baseline plastic in all discs (popular ones anyway)

I'm already dreaming of verdict in a rigid but grippable baseline plastic that I can really put some snap on and it still hooks back.

Yeah!!

I've been considering this as a go to forehand mid, anybody throwing it?

I like the m2 now but think I'd like the lower profile grip and extra speed of the verdict.

Yes, I love using it for FH shots. It was stable enough for me to trust it on the course all the time when I was learning to incorporate forehands for upshots while my trust in the shot was low...and now I use it for straight flick shots all the time. It's a laser beam straight flick disc, and it can definitely give you the shorter hyzer approaches. It will skip a bit on the low line drives if you throw it hard. The rim is just so good for both forehand and backhand.

I recently was throwing mine into a good headwind (backhand) and it was holding dead straight with minimal fade when I threw it cleanly. I trust it more than my star Teebird into headwinds for sure (obviously different distance...but same power input on the throws). It always amazes me how straight it is if I throw it low, but if you want to use it for hyzers you can definitely get that right to left easily. Just so trustworthy.

Snagged a pale opaque pink lucid verdict and it's exactly what I was looking for. Powered up pretty straight with fade and powered down little more beefy. I like that it's a faster mid, I'm primarily throwing forehand these days and struggle in the 300 range. I can get fairways in the 320-350 range and stuff in the 280-300 range was giving me problems. I don't like powering down forehand shots.

Sunk a 200' shot with a Verdict last night. Too bad it came after going OB on my drive.

RESURRECTION! I've got a 178g 2014 Amateur Championships Fuzion Verdict that is pretty puddle topped. Is this mold variation of the more understable side of the Verdict spectrum?

I've been sceptical of the claimed overstability of the Verdict for a long time, but generally I'm in the minority with the opinion.

The other day I decided to take a chance with a new custom stamped Fuzion Verdict because the plastic was just soo juicy. Well, as you probably guessed, it was not even close to the overstability that I would expect based on the general opinion here. It actually flipped from slight hyzer to flat and had practically no fade on a 295ft shot. On a flat release it would turn and come back to the original line. I have beat in "Made in Sweden" Truths that are still way more stable than this thing.

I did remove the flashing 'cause I like to throw the Verdict FH so that obviously affects things, but I think that that is the shape in which the stability should be judged anyway. The flashing will wear off quite fast and it is not intentionally there.

I'll have to see if I can get myself to make a blind test video for you guys between Verdict, EMAC Truth and Sweden Truth. Should be interesting. :)

I really like Verdicts, but the Buzzz is still my go-to midrange over any other. I carry a stable-somewhat overstable Lucid Verdict because it flies how I wanted a Buzzz OS to fly. It's basically my headwind buzzz.

I've noticed something strange about Lucid plastic though. It seems like the 2-3 Lucid Verdicts I've worked with in the past would go from overstable to flippy overnight without that nice middle-of-the-road, neutral seasoning phase.

I should also mention that the first two Verdicts I got were completely different discs. The flatter Lucid flew like a Verdict should, and the other (domey purple double stamp) was beefy like a Gator.

I recently have put the Verdict back in the bag.

I have a couple of the Moonshine Truth tooled Verdicts from the first run. They are the only ones I have ever thrown. I forgot how much I really like this mold. With these being hard to find and expensive to replace I have been wondering how the current production runs stack up?

I wish Dynamic would stop messing around and release these in base plastic.

I must have gotten lucky with every verdict I've had...of the 5 verdicts, the now beat bio is now to the point of flying straight (still maybe -.25 turn) at 300'-315' of power, while the 2 lucids (1 prototype) and 2 fuzion are quite OS. Much like a faster harp. Have yet to throw or see a verdict that can be flipped at my power. I must be out of the loop.

My two Lucid Verdicts are plenty stable for me. Why oh why no base Prime or Origio Verdicts or Bards? Seems like a no brainer. Quit making high speed drivers in baseline you fools!!!

I'm getting fed up with the Verdict. :mad:

I had a lighter weight flippy one which I dropped from the bag more than a year ago. Recently I got a domey one from a friend that was nicely OS, but of course I lost it after only few weeks of heavy use. I replaced it with a brand new flat one which was fine in calm conditions. (all Lucid)

However, this weekend I was in a tourney where it was really windy and the thing was just useless. I mean it flipped over from hyzer and never came back. I ended up throwing the year old slightly beat Truth on all of the shots that were pencilled as "Verdict shots" and it worked just fine with a bit of a hyzer.

I don't want to go to Justice OS, the Bard is interesting but the bead kinda scares me and finding an ok Verdict seems to be mission impossible. OS Mid is the only Trilogy slot where I'm completely lost. :confused:

Latest posts