• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Verdict love (cycling, plastics, prototypes, etc.)

Flip Hyzerman

Birdie Member
I thought this disc deserved a lengthy discussion of it's own - aside from the initial talk about the release, it's gone fairly under-the-radar; but I know I'm not the only one who loves this mold.

I throw the Lucid stock stamp for my OS mid (I keep one pretty fresh) and a Prototype Lucid to pair with it (straighter, do-it-all mid with fade). I've bought a Fuzion to break in and hopefully get down to something like a 5/4/0/1 - basically a Truth with better HSS. Until that happens I am carrying an Opto and Fuzion Truth to round out my mids (4 discs - 2 molds - Truth/Verdict). I'd love to eventually throw only Verdicts if the Fuzion can really be broken in ... OR if Dynamic can get the Verdict run in Prime or Classic - I'd be very excited to see that.

Anyone else loving the Verdict now that it's going on 2 years old?

I carry a couple heavy VIP's. One is beat in more then the other but still won't turn under normal wind. I also have a few Truths I pair them up with. I am considering a Bio for more beef or maybe a Bard. Might try both.

I absolutely love the Verdict! :D

It's the mid PD to me. Absolutely no turn when it is calm, but it still goes a long way before fading. As a beadless mid it also works wonderfully for FH. I do still carry three Truths on the side for shots with little less fade and a bit more wiggle.

I think that the Verdict is a bit falsely put into the same OS mid category with true beefcakes like Gator, M1 and Buzzz OS. It is more of a straight mid with reliable fade. For that absolute beef I have a Trident that can be powered down quite nicely.

What comes to cycling, I see no reason to limit yourself to just Verdicts since the Truth is pretty much the beat in Verdict from the get go. Same feel and similar flight.

I always wanted a Verdict. But my local shop doesn't have higher weights Lucid. So I still wait - maybe I try the Bard in the meantime...

I tend to carry mostly Truth's as they can do just about everything I need them to do, however if there is enough head wind I will switch out to a Fuzion Verdict (I'm not saying the truth can't handle it, i'm just saying i feel a lot safer with the verdict at that point. I agree with Snaques it's not your standard crashing left over-stable mid, as it seems to go a long way before fading (and I've personally even seen some turn when full powered), but it is the perfect headwind disc to pair up with the truth.

I love my Verdict. I have a sea foam blue/green moonshine prototype. I don't know if I got a freak one, but mine is pretty stable. Not Drone stable, but it's no pansy Roc either. I think it lives up to the 5 4 0 3 rating it has. I've had mine from first release and it still holds up well in the wind and I can still get it to skip left (rhbh) or skip right (rhfh) with consistency. I also discovered it is good for OH getting out of trouble. If I throw it very fast it holds a straight line maybe a little longer than you would expect from a 0 3, but I think that's more from its speed than its stability. It still has healthy fade at the end.

I carry heavy DyeMax Verdicts and love them. I'm not really trying to cycle them though. I would love to see something substantially more OS with a similar rim. Bard looks cool, but I want a Bard Pro.. Something with a 5 fade that doesnt need to skip to get around a corner would be amazing.

I carry heavy DyeMax Verdicts and love them. I'm not really trying to cycle them though. I would love to see something substantially more OS with a similar rim. Bard looks cool, but I want a Bard Pro.. Something with a 5 fade that doesnt need to skip to get around a corner would be amazing.

A Domey Trident might be that disc.

I'm a Truth guy myself, but I confidently reach for the Verdict if I need more fade or there's a little wind. The Truths don't like wind.

If I need truly overstable beef, I throw the XXX.

I like the lucid Verdict. Sometimes I take it along when it's windy to compare to the Wasp. They're about the same. Really haven't broken in the Verdict too much so it will be interesting to see how it flies as it beats in.

Snaques' call of the Verdict as a midrange PD is pretty much how I feel too. Dead straight to fade. No turn pretty much ever in normal throws. Long predictable hyzers. Annies that hold until a forward fade/flex, and never burn. No BS...it does what you want it to and is pretty forgiving as long as you throw it hard. I've never been confused or wondered what was happening mid flight. People always notice it in rounds, how it predictably does what you want. Plus I love how it feels in the hand. It's not my main mid as it's got a bit too much fade for all around duty, but I'm always happy when I have the chance to throw it.

My only complaint is that it's really fast for a mid, so it has to be thrown pretty hard for it to show its desired qualities. But that's also how it gets such good distance while still being overstable.

Forgot to mention that I've only thrown the Lucid ones.

Are the (Bio)Fuzion ones substantially more OS? Is it possible to get that beef in the Verdict mold or is it rather similar in all plastics?

From what I've seen, the stock stamp Lucid heavy-weights are the most OS. I'm starting to be able to turn my Prototype (175g) a little bit but still have it flatten out and sit down nicely or take a forced anny all the way to the ground. They do have a bit of a PD flight-pattern (shorter, obviously) - throw it flat and it'll go straight a good ways before slowing down and giving a moderate fade. The Fuzion I have is nice, in between the Proto and Lucid-stock-stamp - maybe a little bit faster even with the super flat profile.

I always wanted a Verdict. But my local shop doesn't have higher weights Lucid. So I still wait - maybe I try the Bard in the meantime...

Thus far I haven't really noticed any difference in various weights with lucid. I've got a 168, 170 and 176 and they all show the same awesome hss and will fight strong winds without giving up. I don't even really see any difference in distance between them.

Shorter PD, or a longer Gator. Not as aggressive as a Gator but it's very similar and that's exactly what I was looking for when I found the Verdict. Nice to have a really hss mid with dependable fade that isn't too short and isn't a fairway. There are a lot of mids that compete in this slot but most don't have the true 0 hss and/or they have a huge fade. Awesome niche slot the Verdict fills. Tensor is the only other one I thought was close here.

So who is starting to hoard Prototypes? The price on them has been rising pretty steadily on FB pages and eBay; I'm guessing they are popular for their stability - right in between a Lucid Truth and Lucid Verdict.

So who is starting to hoard Prototypes? The price on them has been rising pretty steadily on FB pages and eBay; I'm guessing they are popular for their stability - right in between a Lucid Truth and Lucid Verdict.

I really need to try another prototype... It just always surprises me when people say the protos are less stable, because my proto is a beast compared to my production run 178g lucid verdict. My production run will go dead straight on a good rip out to 275' before a healthy fade out to 300'. My proto on the other hand wants to begin its fade at 100', and the fade gets progressively harder until it hits ground out to about 285'... So about 10'-15' shorter than my production run if thrown flat.

Well I'm still working over my Verdicts trying to soften them up - my Proto is starting to get a nice slow fade on it and seems to have a bit more glide (or is just holding straight lines longer). I'm trying to work it into the general area of a new Lucid Truth and have only a single Fuzion truth in my bag. I've still got plenty of beef left in my stock Lucids and I'm working on a Fuzion trying to soften it up. Anyone here throwing Fuzion Verdicts? Still holding out a slim hope for Classic Verdicts at some point, but with it not being in regular production in Fuzion, I'm not holding my breath.

Latest posts