• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram 5 Fingers on sale

Yeah, you definitely need to try them on at a store to figure out your size before you go buying them.

Rube, ease into them if you're not used to going barefoot.

Ptarmigan Sports has a good selection of 5 fingers. Not on sale but you can get free shipping.

Not a lot to add here, other than I am a happy customer of Ptarmigan Sports. I have shopped at the bricks-and-mortar store several times and I found them to be very nice, helpful people. I can only assume they run their webstore the same way.

City Sports looks legit, but beware of fake vibram shoes. Apparently there are a lot out there.

Agh the five fingers stench.... I own some ksos (which I still believe are the best shoes I've ever worn as I have bad knees and these seem to remedy alot of the daily pain I once felt) and they stink something fierce after a week or so. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Haha soaked mine in hot soapy water last night and they're air drying on the porch now. I love my KSO's as well for disc golfing or casual hiking/jogging. I go sockless too and you're right on the money it's about a week before they're stinking up the car on the way home :sick:

1-50-Cent-Laugh-Off.gif

i play with a guy who wears these. i laugh to myself whenever i see his disc go into tall grass or thick woods, esp around here in tx where theres a lot of thorns and prickly junk. he comes out bleeding from the ankles up and complains about how sore his feet are but still insists on wearing these atrocities.

I like my VFFs and all, but I find them pretty much useless for DG, or anything outdoors (which is ironic)--unless of course you like picking dandelions and twigs, etc, out from between the toes every 20 feet.... dandelions are the worst though.

I just collect all the little flowers that accumulate between my toes and hand them to my girlfriend. Easy bonus points. :hfive:

I like my VFFs and all, but I find them pretty much useless for DG, or anything outdoors (which is ironic)--unless of course you like picking dandelions and twigs, etc, out from between the toes every 20 feet.... dandelions are the worst though.

Hold your toes together. :|

People have been going barefoot for millions of years, natural selection made our feet the way they're supposed to be, which is not clod.

Rube, ease into them if you're not used to going barefoot.

Even if you are used to going barefoot ease into them. I'm constantly barefoot and first day with my Komodos I played 3 rounds, bad idea, feet were cramping the entire ride home tthough I'd played many rounds barefoot in the past.

I just scored some kso five fingers from rei garage sale for $40! Brand new, the wrong ones were in the box so they made it a garage sale item. Happened to be my exact size.

I can't imagine somebody designing more uncomfortable looking footwear ever. I can't stand it when my sock bunches up between my toes. Those would drive me insane!

As an added bonus, they look ridiculous, and everybody gets a chance to laugh at you. I would even wear Shape-Ups before these.:sick:

Well, I laugh at people that drive Mustangs so I guess we're even. ;)

They are super comfortable. I had a pair of toe socks that I couldn't stand but my FiveFingers haven;t bothered me at all. Today is the first day that my feet have been sore at all after wearing them (in their defense, I DID play 4 1/2 rounds.

My only issue is that dirt, sand, and small rocks sometimes wiggle their way into the bottom of your shoe.

Hold your toes together. :|

People have been going barefoot for millions of years, natural selection made our feet the way they're supposed to be, which is not clod.

I'm a proponent of minimal foot wear... I go with vivo barefoot on the course. All the benefits none of the hassle.

I'm not a proponent of products that are more hassle than theyre worth. With plenty of other choices, I reserve the vffs for the beach and casual around town stuff.

Latest posts