• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Birdie Bash (VBB) - 2014 Edition

Last year I sold all 72 packs I put in for. Then had to sale my pack and 5 other friends and family to players who waited late. I then turned away 6 or so players who came up and I was just flat out. I've warned the players we will not have any walk ups this year and yet I'm still sitting at just 14. I don't think players will ever get the pre register idea. Even put it on flyer real big to make sure people know.

I don't think players will ever get the pre register idea. Even put it on flyer real big to make sure people know.

As long as folks are pre-warned, you have nothing to worry about. A lot of the players are looking for fair weather to make that last minute decision, and that will always be the case. As crazy as life and the weather are, you really can't blame them, IMHO! :\

As long as folks are pre-warned, you have nothing to worry about. A lot of the players are looking for fair weather to make that last minute decision, and that will always be the case. As crazy as life and the weather are, you really can't blame them, IMHO! :\

You are right. But I also know many like waiting til the last minute. And I will do that for PDGA events. But for these fun style tourneys where you easily get your money back in player pack, I usually don't mind signing up. Last year I gave the first 40 a bonus bag of stuff. Sold those all out a week after mentioning it. And when I mentioned only 5 left I had 8 by the next day. Threw in free minis and boom 10 more. Always seems disc golfers need incentive to hurry up and way :).

Did my event this weekend.
Had 27 sign up (3 didn't show)

Of course right after prereg closed, I had a slew of people who wanted in.
Had some day of show ups, was able to accommodate 4 of them.
So ended at 28 actual players.

It went well.
I added a bunch of discs and made a ctp on every hole. Also gave away 2 Dynamic Commander bags, and some cash for top 3 players.

Question for those who have been to a 2014 Birdie Bash. Are the shirts the same type (brand & material) as last year?

Is there any word on updated your disc selections? We're getting pretty close and we still can't fix the selections.

Anyone got pics of the towels or shirts to post? Got mine in north Texas coming up soon. A little disappointment with pre reg this year. But I had a lot of things help last year. Almost no events in texas last year and I used it to open a new course. Since then we have ran 5 or 6 events and Texas had like 10 birdie bashes this year compared to 3 last year.

Does anybody have any recommendations for drivers to pick for the extra packets for walk ups? We have a pretty big mix of the various laces and mids (not a lot keen on the ascent and trak). It's a shorter course, but a lot still like throwing drivers.

Or should we even bother with extra packs? We've got a pretty good preregistration turnout, should we just stop it there?

You will get walkups, especially if you had good advertising. People will bring their friends and dads and gfs and all sorts. Usually I advertise "hey, I got 6 extra packs, first come, first serve. When they're gone, they're gone"

Anyone got pics of the towels or shirts to post? Got mine in north Texas coming up soon. A little disappointment with pre reg this year. But I had a lot of things help last year. Almost no events in texas last year and I used it to open a new course. Since then we have ran 5 or 6 events and Texas had like 10 birdie bashes this year compared to 3 last year.

Here you go!

Selling for $15 right now on Facebook auction...
picture.php

Selling for $4 right now on Facebook auction...
picture.php

Selling for... are you sitting down?... $20 on Facebook Auction...
picture.php

Discs will be listed after those are finished.

I ran our VBB yesterday and it was well received. Everyone had a blast. We will do this event again. All packs come pre-packaged making it a breeze to run... no need to figure out who ordered what. Disc Nation did a great job on the packaging for Vibram.

We had two packs missing the extra disc and one Unlace that has a severe dent in the top... but everything else was TOP SHELF! THANKS VIBRAM!

Latest posts