• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get in a quick round before work today. I went to a small local course (285' is longest hole) and used both the Ibex and the Obex. First of all, I'm strictly a RHFH thrower, second, I've had the Ibex for awhile but haven't used it much. In that sense, it was kind of like using both for the first time. For the most part, they were rather similar for me. On several holes they landed within a few feet of each other. Of the two, the Obex seemed to be easier for me to throw. I could see using either one if I was going to play a one disc round on a smaller course, but if forced to choose, I would probably pick the Obex. Of course it was only one round and I look forward to using it some more.

Vibram isn't one to throw out release dates. Usually when it's been tested and approved it gets released. I bet a month

Vibram isn't one to throw out release dates. Usually when it's been tested and approved it gets released. I bet a month

Hi All, sorry I've been vacant for a while. We have sent the Obex out to Pinnacle Retailers and DG Bloggers. The next batch should be going out this week to testers and the all of our other retailers (that have made a purchase in 2012).

Here is our description of the Obex:

The Obex is an overstable midrange which complements the stable Ibex. Offering a smooth, natural release, this disc loves a headwind and has a surprisingly long glide for an overstable disc. If you need to guarantee your disc does not fade, reach for the Obex. Available in the durable and grippy, rubber-based X-Link and X-Link Firm compounds. With the Ibex and Obex, Vibram has your mids covered.

Anyone been to a Vibram Birdie Event?
Worth attending?
I haven't ever thrown any vibram discs, what should I expect?

Expect a fun day of disc golf. Grab two Vibram discs, and take two shots at each hole (unless it is a par 4, then you can take 3). Only count your birdies. Highest birdie count wins. Also, you will get a 20 minute intro to Vibram discs and materials and can ask me anything you want about Vibram, disc golf, or just general life questions (eg, is it possible to smile and poop at the same time?)

Afterwards, we get pizza and soda and talk about the coulda shoulda wouldas.

Vibram Appearances: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/vibram-appearances.html
Vibram Birdie Mini: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/vibram-birdie-mini.html

Sooooooooooooooooo Mr. Dodge, what is in the works as we speak?????????????????????? When are testers going to be getting some new toys????????????????

In addition to the Obex, we are working on another type of disc. It fills a void in our lineup. It also got me so freaking excited that when it throw I do a small runup (I usually stand still to throw) because I want to watch it fly. and fly. and fly. :-D

I just don't see how Vibram has contracted this reputation of "no glide" discs. Sure, their glide is low in general... but I mean have you ever thrown a Wolf? There are less glidey discs out there.

Also, since when was being "glideless" a bad thing? I am far more accurate with less glidey discs. Been throwing my Ascent more and more because I TRUST where it is going to go. I don't have to worry about it gliding into oblivion like a River or something.

Our first three putters don't glide much, by design. The Ascent does a good job of getting where it is going and slowing down quickly. I think this helps with consistency in flight, but if you don't have enough arm speed or throw it on too big a hyzer, it will not fly as far as you hope. I've had some top touring pros use it for a couple rounds and they have had some of the best rounds of their lives and tell me that it is crazy predictable.

I would be interested in an OS mid, IF, and only if it was a small diameter, and preferably has a low profile rim.
And some decent colors.

You will definitely be happy with the new colors that are shipping to stores now. About a month ago we completed our color matrix redesign. Our costs went up a bit, but the colors pop so much better! Enjoy.

FYI - All of the Obexes will be in the colors.

Expect a fun day of disc golf. Grab two Vibram discs, and take two shots at each hole (unless it is a par 4, then you can take 3). Only count your birdies. Highest birdie count wins. Also, you will get a 20 minute intro to Vibram discs and materials and can ask me anything you want about Vibram, disc golf, or just general life questions (eg, is it possible to smile and poop at the same time?)

Afterwards, we get pizza and soda and talk about the coulda shoulda wouldas.

Vibram Appearances: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/vibram-appearances.html
Vibram Birdie Mini: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/vibram-birdie-mini.html

I guess I am doing a poor job interpretting the Birdie Bash calendar. I see you will be in the Twin Cities the following week. Are any of those days going to be a Birdie Bash tournament? I really like the concept and 25 dollars for a day of fun where you walk away with two Vibram discs, unbeatable.

I will be at the GGGT Go Cart Open that Saturday, thankfully as a player and not an employee, but the other days I am not likely going to make because I teach so late into the day. I might be able to make an exception if I know you are doing this.

I guess I am doing a poor job interpretting the Birdie Bash calendar. I see you will be in the Twin Cities the following week. Are any of those days going to be a Birdie Bash tournament? I really like the concept and 25 dollars for a day of fun where you walk away with two Vibram discs, unbeatable.

I will be at the GGGT Go Cart Open that Saturday, thankfully as a player and not an employee, but the other days I am not likely going to make because I teach so late into the day. I might be able to make an exception if I know you are doing this.

If you click on the Pipe Dream and Fairway Flyerz text blocks on the 10th and 11th, it will give you details on the Thursday and Friday Birdie Minis in Minneapolis.

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/vibram-appearances.html

If you click on the Pipe Dream and Fairway Flyerz text blocks on the 10th and 11th, it will give you details on the Thursday and Friday Birdie Minis in Minneapolis.

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/vibram-appearances.html

Drat. Normally I am not back in the cities from teaching until 5:30. However, that Friday is an early release day. I would be pushing it, but there is a slim possibility that I could make it. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts