• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Glow Discs are here!

Well then Vibram lied to me.
I sent them an email asking if they were coming out this year and was told NO!

Wonder what limited quanities means.
Like never again or they only have a few for this year.

Last edited:
Might be a limited quantity run like the one they do for the soft discs. Smallish batch and only once a year. Dunno.

Hope these images answer some questions you may have about the Glow discs.
Additionally, mine feel more like X-link Medium than Firm.

First Image: UV vs 120 lumen LED, exposed for 20 seconds (circles to charge)
Second Image: Vibram Glow vs MVP Eclipse
Third Image: Was not expecting this one... looks pink?
Fourth Image: Compared to an all white Lace.

LINK
http://imgur.com/a/hPwZe#0

I hope that they are all pink. That would just make my day.

I got my first shipment Saturday (Ridge, Ibex, Ascent, Lace), here are my initial impressions:

- Yes, they're all a light pink with little colored dots all over.

- They smell...odd. Like if you took a super hoppy IPA beer and made a cleaning solution out of it.

- They feel mostly like medium, but with a kind of waxy quaility. It seems to make them more grippy than medium, but also more likely to scuff up (see below).

- They glow ridiculously bright and hold a charge well. I don't have a ton of experience with glow discs. I've only played with MVP Eclipse and, comparing them side-by-side, it seems to me the Vibrams glow brighter and longer. I charged up my Ridge and soft Eclipse Anode then checked on them 30+ minutes later. I don't think I'd have much of a problem finding the Anode with that level of charge and definitely not the Ridge.

- They fly like their medium counterparts. I felt the Ascent might be more beefy than my medium, but it's been a while since I threw a new Ascent. Regardless, I'm very happy with their flight, being able to basically just go from glow to non-glow discs and not miss a beat.

- I do wonder about the durability compared to medium. I've only been able to throw them in the field, but I did toss them around a little with approaches onto my driveway and it seemed to me they scuffed up much easier than my mediums.

I should be getting my second shipment today (VP, Obex, Trak), so I hope to be able to take the whole lot of them out for a round tomorrow, then a glow round on Wednesday. My only concern is the durability. If they hold up well to some tree hits and bounces off jagged rocks, I'll consider myself a very happy customer.

- Yes, they're all a light pink with little colored dots all over.

- They smell...odd. Like if you took a super hoppy IPA beer and made a cleaning solution out of it.

- They feel mostly like medium, but with a kind of waxy quaility. It seems to make them more grippy than medium, but also more likely to scuff up (see below).

Just got my V.P. and Sole both 175g today, and boy these are amazing!

The glow holds for a good while and the grip seems to be a good sweet spot right in between med and soft.

The smell thing can be taken care of with some 409 or Dawn soap, I think it has something to do with the rubber vulcanization or release compound they use.

Overall these glo-vibrams are AMAZING!

I sure wish I had $150 to blow on glow discs.
I could see a whole new bag.
But I am pretty happy with my current glow bag.
(Now that I got a wasp and an escape)

Got my Ibexes yesterday. They are a little softer than my Medium but feel great. Charged one last night before I went to bed and left it on my night stand. It was bright enough to make my room glow slightly and was still glowing this morning. It wasn't nearly as vibrant, but it would've still been visible in pitch black.

Cannot wait to throw it.

It compares very closely to the brightness of my brightest Superglow Wizard. I'll compare mine tonight in terms of length of charge.

Went out last night and tossed my glow Lace. I have a full glow back with champ Innova, KC Pro Innova, and Discraft Z glow. The Lace is easily brighter than any of my other glow discs, and lasts longer. It's the only glow driver that I can plainly see land after driving it. My standard Lace is a 170g, and the glow is a 167g. As of right now, I'd say the glow is a touch more stable. It also seems faster. It's like it doesn't glide quite as well, but it goes just as far due to how fast it flies.

As far as the odor, it's pretty bad. I mean, you have to put it up to your face to smell it, so it can definitely be avoided. But, I'll be cleaning mine tonight.

I haven't looked into Vibram mids before, but may pick some up in glow just to have a brighter glowing mid to throw.

I got in a round with my full glow bag (Ridge, VP, Ibex, Obex, Trak, Ascent, Lace). Any concerns I had about durability have been assuaged. I did my share of tree hits and hyzerbomb edge hits on rocky terrain and all of them took the impacts in stride, just like my mediums. If you've been thinking about getting one....or a couple...or a bagful, I think you'll be perfectly satisfied.

I'm playing in a glow league tomorrow night. I'll report back Thursday!