• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

video games

Hell, the one for the PS3 is pretty amazing. Especially considering it completely blows away any other disc golf video game (the few out there). You can throw backhand, forehand, rollers, and the disc physics are somewhat realistic. The turn and fade are just reduced by a good bit. I just love how people's real life disc golf traits can show up in the game.

My one complaint is that it's just one sport available on the entire game. You're limited to a putter, mid, driver, and only 18 holes. If they came out with another game that was just disc golf, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

iphone has some really bad ones that you shouldn't waste your money on

question about the PS3 game... I'm not a gamer but my son is.. do you need a special controller or set up to play it...

^^ This game is extremely close to real golf, and it's a ton of fun anyone can play. I play it often. No other games will even come close, so just get that one.

Oh, and I am an xbox advocate. So, if I'm pushing a PS3 game, it's good.

question about the PS3 game... I'm not a gamer but my son is.. do you need a special controller or set up to play it...

Yes, you need the PSMove setup (camera and controller). The cool thing was the Move equipment came bundled with the disc that contained the disc golf game when I bought it. I'm sure you can still find the bundle. The game disc is called Sports Champions (important to know when you go looking for it).

In addition to disc golf, it has bocce, volleyball, archery, table tennis and a gladiator fighting game. Some of them are physically challenging, so can justify buying it as an exercise/work out investment. :)

are there any disc golf video games out there for playstation or whatever

We have a game in development that we hope will fill the video game gap for the serious disc golfer.

Disc Golf Unchained is slated for release in 2014 on Android and iOS and focuses on accuracy of flight physics and realistic courses and environments.

Check out our thread for more information. We're really just two disc golfers making a game in our free time and have already been blown away by the support we've received from DGCR and the disc golf community as a whole. Check it out and see what you think.

There is a game on Shockwave that isn't that bad.

http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/discgolfisland.jsp

You can pick different discs, the course changes up everyday, and you can change the shot (hyzer, anhyzer, etc). There is wind and realistic obstacles.

It's a little cartoon like, but not bad for what's out there.

^^This.

If you're at work and have some time to kill it can be a pretty good time. I haven't played it in quite awhile, though, b/c it stopped recognizing me when I opened it up and I basically started all over again with the 3 crap discs that you get at the beginning.

Trying to hit that gap in the window in the warehouse building used to be one of the most exciting things that happened all day at my last job.

Latest posts