• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Virginia DG Road Trips

Seems I might be back down in Richmond doing manual labor for my mother. At least I'm in the running for Best Son in the World award. Maybe I'll luck out and get a round or two in at White Bank.

PS Nice scores at HH, I played my best round of 53 from the yellows at Byran Sunday morning. Got me tied for 3rd (in Int) going into the Finals but then I attempted to tin cup the last hole and after a triple circle 10 ended tied for 10th.

Last edited:
Seems I might be back down in Richmond doing manual labor for my mother. At least I'm in the running for Best Son in the World award. Maybe I'll luck out and get a round or two in at White Bank.

PS Nice scores at HH, I played my best round of 53 from the yellows at Byran Sunday morning. Got me tied for 3rd (in Int) going into the Finals but then I attempted to tin cup the last hole and after a triple circle 10 ended tied for 10th.

that last hole was fun, I putted low for birdie and fully expected it to roll all the way back to me. Luckily it stopped on top of the hill.

Going into the first round I wasn't that excited about the safari 9, I guess because there was a lot of hearsay going around. But once I saw the map I was excited to play it. 15-16 was great too, I picked up another stroke there when I missed making it to the other side in two by a foot.

Anyone doing anything this weekend? Plans got cancelled so now the weekend is wide open.

I'm going to the Ace Race at Westover Park in Harrisonburg, Va, Saturday, August 27.

It starts at 11 am so I'll probably leave the 'Burg around 8am so I can check out the course before it all starts.

I have room for one more in my truck so if you want to join in let me know.

Will be up at the Blockhouse this weekend. Hope to hit up the neighboring courses too. Any one happen to know the camping situation at the Blockhouse? Can't seem to get anybody on the phone.

If you hit Loriella or Pratt let me know the only thing is this weekend I am training 2 new weekend people so I have to be at work at 5pm.

I'll be there...

Didn't see this til now. Was a late response from me so I wasn't sure if you would end up seeing it. We actually played Pratt on Saturday. Was a fun course, if it wasn't for the locals we were playing with we would have never found the back 9. Back 9 was fun but rough lol.

I figured by 11:15 it was time to start. I agree the back 9 can kick your ass, it took me 5 rounds before I played them in the right order. That climb out of 18 is a fine finish.

Had a great day at the Blockhouse today!