• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap 3? Any info?

Centerpin

I just saw the banner up top!? Anyone have more information about this bag? looks awesome! :clap:

b72c350a4f115d23dc458b3bd106365a.jpg

At $170, is this the best backpack for your money? I am not in the market but that seems low for a high quality pack like this.

At $170, is this the best backpack for your money? I am not in the market but that seems low for a high quality pack like this.

For what you get? probably. These used to be in the 250 range, then the 230 range, now these are cheaper than a Grip B-15 at regular price. Not to mention the eye popping colors. I just ordered a purple one because im a sucker for that color. I am hoping this will be even better than the 2015 version I reviewed last year. Can't wait for it to come in and get back out on the course.

24axuev.png

2m6akww.png

2vl337q.png

2nks1ud.png

Does anyone know what accessories come with this bag? I know it comes with a rainfall but does it come with a stool as well? It looks like the all black version did.

Does anyone know what accessories come with this bag? I know it comes with a rainfall but does it come with a stool as well? It looks like the all black version did.

The stool came with the all black ghost edition ST3 as a special black Friday only deal. Now if you order the production bag colors for $169.99, you get the ST3 and the rainfly. This is a great deal! I was one of the 50 to get a ghost edition and the bag is pretty amazing. Slightly larger than my old grip overall but with a ton more storage. Seems to be built like a tank, couldn't be happier with my purchase.

How many discs are you carrying in the main compartment?

Right now I have 17 in the main, but I imagine it will stretch out with use like my grip did so I can fit a couple more. The nice thing about the ST3 is that you can also fit 2-3 discs in each of the side pockets and still fit plenty above them.

How long did it take for your bag to get to you when it shipped? I just ordered they mystic blue and I'm really impatient... lol

How long did it take for your bag to get to you when it shipped? I just ordered they mystic blue and I'm really impatient... lol

My bag order was technically a pre order. However I had my bag in hand after about 7 days, it should be more like 2-4 days since they should already have the bag in stock.

How many discs are you carrying in the main compartment?

I have 18 in my main compartment, 2 putters, 4 mids, and the rest are drivers, in addition, I have 3 putting putters stored in the top putter pocket. Whats nice about this bag that I have noticed is that it is stiff and sturdy but at the same time comfortable. I loved my ST 2 and all of the little detail improvements on the 3 make the bag even better.

Got my ST3 in today and I love it. Coming from a Grip to the ST3 the storage is a huge uprade. I was never a fan of the grips side storage/drink holder combo. Also the color on the sight made it look more black and blue then what it actually is which is grey and blue. But for me i love the color combo being a Memphian. I haven't brought it to the course yet, but I will be soon. I have 4 putters up top with 4 putters, 5 mids, 8 drivers in the main compartment. Also a few discs in the side compartments.

Just ordered my ST3!!! Free shipping right now. Can't wait to see it arrive at my door!

I'm becoming interested in purchasing an ST3 and I currently own the Rebel and Shift from UPD. I like the look of the ST3, but I'm curious for specific comparisons with the Grip series bag in the aspects of size, disc storage, item storage, material quality, and comfort. Thank you for reading.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for instructions or a video on how to put the rainfly on the bag? I have no idea how it works and I feel like I am going to break the elastic. Thanks in advance. :thmbup:

Other than trying to figure this rainfly out, I absolutely love the ST3!!! It is similar to the Grip I have been using for the past few years, but slightly bigger in all of the right spots such as the side pockets and the putter/storage pocket at the top. Great bag, especially for less than 200 shipped!