• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Straight Jacket straps

i like my fade gear weatherguards....they're comfy and have a rain "poncho"!!! try to get a pair of straps here and see if you like any....do you currently use quads?

i saw a guy whos had his since december 2011 and they were ripping carrying a karma. seemed funny to me because everything they make is so durable

i like my fade gear weatherguards....they're comfy and have a rain "poncho"!!! try to get a pair of straps here and see if you like any....do you currently use quads?

I don't currently. Tried a friend's Mojo with Phenix quads hiked all the way up, and they were a little long for my liking.

i saw a guy whos had his since december 2011 and they were ripping carrying a karma. seemed funny to me because everything they make is so durable

Interesting. I've heard that Voodoo will replace them in a snap, but if they are not usually in stock that has me a bit worried.

I don't currently. Tried a friend's Mojo with Phenix quads hiked all the way up, and they were a little long for my liking.

Interesting. I've heard that Voodoo will replace them in a snap, but if they are not usually in stock that has me a bit worried.

A little long how? They are pretty adjustable. I guess an advantage to the Phoenix's would be that they are more readily available.

A little long how? They are pretty adjustable. I guess an advantage to the Phoenix's would be that they are more readily available.

I am pretty short (5'8") and like the bottom of the bag to ride in the small of my bag. With the Phenix quads all the way up, the bag was hitting a little lower than I like. If I could attach them without the carabiners - thereby eliminating an inch of length - it could work.

Phenix are also cheaper and come in more colors, but I am more concerned about fit than anything else.

my buddy has a set of dga's one of the elastic sections is blown out...i know this was metioned before...but yea...and the gel has dispersed throughout the strap making it less comfortable...now granted that's after lots and lots of disc golf across the country....

I am pretty short (5'8") and like the bottom of the bag to ride in the small of my bag. With the Phenix quads all the way up, the bag was hitting a little lower than I like. If I could attach them without the carabiners - thereby eliminating an inch of length - it could work.

Phenix are also cheaper and come in more colors, but I am more concerned about fit than anything else.

Having used both Phenix and Fade straps, I can say that one advantage of the Fade straps is that they have a wider range of adjustment than the Phenix. They will more easily go a bit smaller than the Phenix Quads, and I can honestly say that they are just as comfy for me, and after 2 + years of use they seem to be just as durable. For reference I'm on the other end of the size spectrum than you at 6'3" and about 250 pounds. My fade straps are currently being enjoyed by my wife who's about 5'5".

Hey onemilemore!

What straps did you end up with? I'm even shorter than you are (5'6") and buying a mojo but don't know which straps will work the best. I like the Straight Jackets. It looks like the Phenix shocks are going to be too long for me.

Hey onemilemore!

What straps did you end up with? I'm even shorter than you are (5'6") and buying a mojo but don't know which straps will work the best. I like the Straight Jackets. It looks like the Phenix shocks are going to be too long for me.

I have Phoenix straps on my Mojo and am 5'6". My bag rides lower than it should with it cinched all the way up. The bag rides across my bum instead of lower back. Hope this helps.

I have Phoenix straps on my Mojo and am 5'6". My bag rides lower than it should with it cinched all the way up. The bag rides across my bum instead of lower back. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that.

I saw a picture in the Voodoo bag thread that led me to believe that. Dude was 6' tall and it was sitting on top off his butt with Phenix's cinched all the way. It looks like the Straight jacket can be cinched all the way to the shoulder straps if need be, due to the lack of "shocks".

It doesn't matter, they're out of the straps till Christmas I guess. I'll have to use my modified golf bag quads till then. Ordered a totem Mojo, though:thmbup:

I ordered a pair of the straight jackets to replace my aging phenix straps.

Here's a short comparison:

-The width of the straight jackets is more narrow than that of the phenix straps. This is very noticeable to me since I'm pretty comparable to a refrigerator.

-The length, of the straight jackets, when let out fully, seems to be slightly shorter than that of the phenix straps.

-The quality and design of the straight jackets seems (imo) far superior.

-Thicker padding in the straight jackets.

I have them for my Mojo. They aren't quire as comfortable on my shoulders as my wife's Phenix Quad Shocks, but they aren't bad. I never use the ipod pocket for an ipod, but I do like the extra little storage they provide and in the end I think they're worth it.

Latest posts