• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Straight Jacket straps

I got my New Design Straight Jackets yesterday and I have to say they have addressed many of my concerns. They are definitely an improvement over the previous set. The shape of the straps individually are a little less exaggerated of an "s" shape. The pencil pockets are more functional for getting pencils in and out, just less fuss in general. The pocket at the middle of the shoulders was revised to allow for a larger device to be fit in, although you owners of giant tablet/phone monstrosities will probably not fit. The front pocket is now larger as well allowing for easier phone ingress and egress. There is a D ring I am assuming is for towel attachment on the front of the right strap. The skin to the straps is much better aligned keeping the open airy material towards your body and the tougher material to the outside front. There are new clips at all four corners. They remain to be plastic but do not show any signs of flex and look to be quite sturdy. The plastic adjustment pieces are also revised and a bit more ergonomic.

Overall I say it is a great set of straps. I look forward to spending some more time with them over the next few weeks.

Now for the pictures.
Old on the Bottom New on the Top.
P1010027.jpg

Old on the Left New on the Right
P1010028.jpg

Old on the Right New on the Left
P1010029.jpg

Old on the Top New on the Bottom
P1010030.jpg

In my top picture I believe I labeled them incorrectly. The ones to the top of the picture are the older ones and then the ones lower in the picture are the newer ones. I am pretty sure the dirt shows their age even though I screwed up.

Ian. I will send you a PM regarding their shape.

I love these straps! They fit so much better. Love the cell phone pocket too. Makes it a no-brainer to use easy score card. I'll have to try hanging a towel from that loop. I figured they were for keys.

The straps themselves I would say are thicker and have more padding but it is initially a bit stiff. I think this is probably good thing for durability. Now in regards to the cushioning of the shock component thats up to personal preference. I dont like the rebound.

Anyone use these straps and a voodoo mojo or larger who has also used grip-eq? How do they compare as far as balance of weight, and ease of shrugging them off and slipping them on?

Do these straps slip at all like the DGAs? Sorry if this has been answered.

Do these straps slip at all like the DGAs? Sorry if this has been answered.

I had the original pair for over a year and no slip. Second pair doesnt seem to show any signs either. The buckles and strap combo seem to have a considerable amount of friction.

So, my buddy and I played a round last night. We both have Mojos with Straight Jackets. This is the first time he has used his new bag. Mine has about ten rounds on it. His bag was on the ground on the eighth tee and I noticed his strap was torn. The strap that attaches to the right side top of the bag had ripped out of the shoulder strap. This strap didn't even have "rounds" on it. It had seven "holes" on it! His bag only had about fifteen discs, a water bottle and four beers in it. Hardly overloaded. Needless to say, I'm pi$$ed. These straps aren't cheap. In fact, I don't think you can find more expensive straps on the market right now. He's in the process of contacting them now. Does anyone know if you need the original invoice to make a warranty claim?

So, my buddy and I played a round last night. We both have Mojos with Straight Jackets. This is the first time he has used his new bag. Mine has about ten rounds on it. His bag was on the ground on the eighth tee and I noticed his strap was torn. The strap that attaches to the right side top of the bag had ripped out of the shoulder strap. This strap didn't even have "rounds" on it. It had seven "holes" on it! His bag only had about fifteen discs, a water bottle and four beers in it. Hardly overloaded. Needless to say, I'm pi$$ed. These straps aren't cheap. In fact, I don't think you can find more expensive straps on the market right now. He's in the process of contacting them now. Does anyone know if you need the original invoice to make a warranty claim?

I contacted them when my zulu's pocket ripped (I never noticed it before I decided to clean my bag out, never used the pocket), they took my name, and searched their data base for my purchase then now they are fixing it.

Duff,

Don't be pissed we got your friend covered. Have him contact us in Monday and we will get him a new pair. Sorry for the issue.

Shane-

No matter who makes it or how expensive it is everything can rip, tear etc. Thats why buying from a company like Voodoo is the way to go.

I'm currently lusting after the Mojo bag myself. Not sure if I'll spring for the straps too, at least not immediately. Altho the karma bag looks great too. I wish the website listed full dimensions of the bags. May have to email about that :)

Anymore updates from the field on the straight jacket/ quad shock comparison? I just got a Mojo so am a little partial to some matching straight jacket action, but I wanted to hear a little more info on how everyone's kit is holding up to tip me one way or the other.

Cheers,

Anymore updates from the field on the straight jacket/ quad shock comparison? I just got a Mojo so am a little partial to some matching straight jacket action, but I wanted to hear a little more info on how everyone's kit is holding up to tip me one way or the other.

Cheers,

I have a mojo with quad shocks (got them check when disc outfitters went out). The quads have held up great, and look natural with the mojo. Having said that, I'd be interested in hearing how others have fared with the voodoo straps. They make great stuff!