• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Vulture Driver

I'll field this one, as I'm an avid Eagle thrower (although they're out of the bag ATM). For a bigger arm than mine they might be similar to an Eagle, but I saw no similarities. Even a fresh Champ Eagle-X shows a little turn for me. The Vulture was dead straight until it lost speed and then finished to the left. It's flight was less dumpy than the Thunderbird I compared it to, but I could have drawn a 30' circle around both discs on any set of throws where I didn't do something stupid.

Sounds more like Rival? A Rival with more fade would be great!

I already bag Undertakers and Mantis for my Fairway drivers. I have about 8 of the beefy Glo Ledgestone Undys and a couple Big Z that turn more. Will I find a need for the Vulture? Or would it overlap what I already have?

If anyone could compare I would appreciate it. I max out on my Cranks at about 420ft and use my fairways for 320ft to 380ft.

I already bag Undertakers and Mantis for my Fairway drivers. I have about 8 of the beefy Glo Ledgestone Undys and a couple Big Z that turn more. Will I find a need for the Vulture? Or would it overlap what I already have?

If anyone could compare I would appreciate it. I max out on my Cranks at about 420ft and use my fairways for 320ft to 380ft.

Damn...8 of them? This makes my stock (3 fresh ones set aside) seem under equipped. I think I should grab one or two more now, but I'm waiting for Infinite to drop the price before I get a small stack.

This was my hesitation to get the Vulture as well. That run of Ledgestone Glo is so reliably OS. I've got the one Vulture right now, and based on handfeel alone, it isn't kicking those Ledgestones out. Even if I got more distance with it, consistency of grip would be more important to me.

Still...looking forward to test it out.

I'm in the opposite boat - I'm looking for something that feels more like a predator but is straighter in flight. The undertaker isn't different enough from a mantis to carry both. Right now I'm considering a teebird3 in that slot, but the vulture is very intriguing .

Damn...8 of them? This makes my stock (3 fresh ones set aside) seem under equipped. I think I should grab one or two more now, but I'm waiting for Infinite to drop the price before I get a small stack.

This was my hesitation to get the Vulture as well. That run of Ledgestone Glo is so reliably OS. I've got the one Vulture right now, and based on handfeel alone, it isn't kicking those Ledgestones out. Even if I got more distance with it, consistency of grip would be more important to me.

I bought a bunch of the glo when marshalstreet discounted them to like 10$ a piece. They are a different monster. They actually kicked the predator out my bag. All of a sudden discraft has all kinds of newish fairways in their lineup and im questioning if I have the right setup. Looks like sunking still has about 13 glos, I may grab a few more:clap:

I'm in the opposite boat - I'm looking for something that feels more like a predator but is straighter in flight. The undertaker isn't different enough from a mantis to carry both. Right now I'm considering a teebird3 in that slot, but the vulture is very intriguing .

DGA has the Bonzai coming out that looks close to pred numbers and the glo undys are beef but should beat nice and str8 with glide. The vulture sounds exactly what you are looking for based off the description. No need to flirt with the innova :)

If the Vulture flies anything like that blue, 167 seasoned Predator that I use to throw, then I might have to check it out. That seasoned Pred was versatile and sneaky long.

I would say the Vulture is longer than the undertaker. It can be forced to fly closer to 400' with some anny on it, but probably not on a straight line. For me, I love the concave wing that it has. I hate convex wings for drivers. Hated the leopard, heat, mantis, and undertaker for that reason alone. If you like those rims, I wouldn't mess with the Vulture.

On a seasoned pred note, it is very much a seasoned predator. I have a couple of season Z Preds that I love, but to beat one in takes forever. Not anymore.

Throw that vulture yet? are my glo undys useless now?

Throw that vulture yet? are my glo undys useless now?

Only a few times, as I'm particular about handfeel. Not to say that the Vulture is an odd shape. Most discs have some form of concave wing. Just the Undertaker feels perfect. Also, I think if I had more of an arm where the Undertaker would flip over even from hyzer (which I usually put on all my drives) then the Vulture would get the nod...

As it is, there are enough Glo Undys out there for me to stock up on, and the Ti starts more OS than my ESPs, so I'm set.

(Just curious...Anyone have a Tsunami to compare the Vulture's profile too? Didn't the Tsunami have the same angle on the underside of the wing: straight about three-fifths down, angle, then straight?)

(Just curious...Anyone have a Tsunami to compare the Vulture's profile too? Didn't the Tsunami have the same angle on the underside of the wing: straight about three-fifths down, angle, then straight?)

I can compare them and try to get a profile pic comparison when I get home from work in the morning. My two Vultures arrived today from DGC and I have stacks of Tsunamis to compare them too.

My pic sucks, SP Line Tsunami on the left and the Big Z Vulture on the right:

FexsrWSl.jpg

Hard to tell which plh is higher. But, the tsunami is the old predator mold right? The vulture doesn't look as similar to a predator as the tsunami. The vulture appears to have a more straight/flat wing.

Maybe I need to take another pic using a Proline Tsunami next. While doing some google searching I came across This Predator thread. If you scroll down it compares a SP line Tsunami to an old mold Predator and the PLH is very different between those even though they "should" be the same mold.

Once I'm home from work in the morning I am going to try and get a couple more comparison pics. I'll also try a different surface for the pics. I happen to have a number of old mold Predators (2 first run Z ghost stamps, couple of X, and a hand full of 4 point Z's) and will compare them to the Vulture and a Proline Tsunami.

Just got a blue one yesterday. Won't get to throw it until later this week. The profile pic comparing it to an old mold predator doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. Looks like a meathook. I was hoping for a longer Undertaker with more fade. We'll see.

Vulture is not a meathook. Less overstable than a Tsunamil or Pred. Embrace the warm fuzzy.

The Vulture only have a 1,8cm RIM and Discraft have it at a speed 10?

Undertaker and Heat has a 1,9rim and have a Speed 9 rating . . . my DD Ecscape and Convict have a 2,0 rim and a 9 Speed raiting

Most speed 10 discs have 1,9-2,1 Rims. . .The Vulture must have one of the smalest rim of all speed 10 drivers

Latest posts