• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

War of the Roses I: Tyler TX @ Lindsey Park, July 28-29

pablo.diablo

Eagle Member
http://www.4thechains.com/#!schedule/vstc1=7/28,29---war-of-the-roses-i

Since they have not added this to the Tournament section of the site for some reason, I figured I would post in the forums to spark some interest and see who's going?

We have a crew of 4 players going to represent the SIN TEX club from Austin, and we are all playing Intermediate.

I am from Jacksonville so I have played Lindsey probably 20 or 30 times. Mostly Red and Gold, and played Blue maybe twice. This is my first singles Tourney, but I have played about 4 dubs tourneys. The other 3 guys have never played at Lindsey, so I thought the format for Intermediate looked to be the most fun. Red then Blue on Saturday, Dogwood shorts on Sunday.

The schedule for Advanced looked pretty brutal for a Summer tourney. It's Gold longs then Blue on Saturday, Red on Sunday. Not for the faint of heart!

We'll see how this one goes then maybe for Piney Woods Open or Tyler 54 I can step up to Advanced if I do anything out there this time. I don't play often enough to stay in a great rhythm, especially with putting, so I feel like a solid Intermediate that flashes Advanced skills on occasion. Haven't quite reached that solid Advanced status where I can truly compete in tourney play.

Anyway, just wanted to get word out there since Kevin from 4thechains hasn't posted this on DGCR yet.

What's up Chrystom, you playing Open? I'm trying to convince Sky to play Open, I think y'all have a great opportunity to do something.

Yes sir, cashed in third last week one stroke off the lead. I want my first win!

Y'all have fun over there in East TX. I just got back from Worlds and it will probably be quite awhile until I throw a disc.

Cain and I will be in Jacksonville on Friday, probably just throwing Nichols Green that day for a little warmup.