• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Warship vs Squall

Buiscutboy

Double Eagle Member
So I've been looking at random discs, since I have nothing better to do. Thought I might try one of those speedy midranges in the spring. Can anyone compare the Warship and the Squall? Mostly looking for rim shape, I suppose. They're very similar on Inbounds, with the warship being very slightly more overstable. Close enough for me.

As of right now, pros for Squall: Plastic variety.

Warship pros: Uhhhh, it has a boat on it.

I'm sure theres other discs around here. One of the Kaxe? Stalker? I dunno.

Thanks.

The Warship is a bit of a sleeker feel. Almost like a Truth with a more curved rim, and usually a bit more dome.

Squall has a chunkier more old school feel and you can turn it over more if that's what you are looking for. I think a Kaxe is close but it's been some time since I've thrown one.

The Discmania Sprit Fox or whatever they are changing it to actually is a very similar flight with a more driver like shape if you like that's profile feel.

I think they call it a fairway but it flies in the long midrange class IMO.

The Warship is a bit of a sleeker feel. Almost like a Truth with a more curved rim, and usually a bit more dome.

Squall has a chunkier more old school feel and you can turn it over more if that's what you are looking for. I think a Kaxe is close but it's been some time since I've thrown one.

The Discmania Sprit Fox or whatever they are changing it to actually is a very similar flight with a more driver like shape if you like that's profile feel.

I think they call it a fairway but it flies in the long midrange class IMO.

That's the information I'm looking for. Just about anything in that fast mid/slow driver that finishes slightly left is in the running. I do like how the warship's rim looks from a google image search.

Maybe I'll try Gazelles again haha.

Last edited:
I've got a lot of throws with the Warship. For a mid it's got crazy distance and glide. I was frustrated with my drivers for a brief period and actually just went to driving with the Warship to clean up my form. I would recommend the VIP plastic as the Tournament plastic gets beat in pretty easily. My first tournament Warship is a great disc for long turnover shots now but pretty much always just finishes to the right no matter how you throw it.

No experience with the other disc you mentioned though.

I no longer bag the Warship as I've found I prefer flatter tops on my mids and all of the Warships I own are a little domey for my taste these days.

I also have two Kaxe's. One is their baseline plastic and is board flat and flies almost like a Zone. The other is the K1 glow plastic and has a big dome. It feels like a Leopard in the hand. It's not quite as beefy as the baseline one but it is definitely more stable and shorter than the Warship.