• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Washington, DC

Tom_03

New to the District of Columbia .... I know it is cold right now but wondering if anyone knew of any courses around here. I live near Dupont Circle.

LOL...Dupont Circle! Please don't hit on me. I wish they would put a course in DC, but I often play Calvert in College Park coming home from work. Rockburn and Seneca are really nice courses, and if you don't mind traveling further Druid Hill and Codorus are pretty sweet. I try to avoid VA as much as possible, and haven't played any courses there, so I can't say anything about them, but I'm not going out of my way just to play there either. Also some of the VA courses are pay to play.

Not sure how far you're interested in driving but Rockburn Branch is just South of BWI and it's a really nice 18 hole course.

If you want to venture into WV there are two super 18 hole courses in Paw Paw... The WoodShed and The Whippin' Post. They will challenge anyone's A game. Markus Kallstrom (spelling?) won the WV Open there this year.

Sorry that I can't help you out with anything closer. I hope you find somewhere cool to play.

calvert is the closest, bluemont in arlington probably next- bluemont is 9 holes with multiple tees and pin positions and is the better of the 2 courses. giles run in lorton va is good as are seneca, rockburn, and patapsco in md. mclean in va is not worth your time, burke lake and pohick debatable.

within an hour or so is spotsylvania with loriella park, the grange, and hawk hollow, all of which are swell. paw paw is great too.

lots of great courses within an hour- just depends on what flavor you prefer.

Thanks .... I appreciate all the responses ... Maybe when it gets a little warmer Ill see yall out there

Listen to Biscoe... he knows VA courses. Everything he said is spot on. I'll just add that Bluemont is the best 9 holer I've ever played. Seneca is 27 holes of bliss. It's in my Top 11 of 222 played. Giles Run may be one of the Top 5 in VA, just watch out for massive amounts of thorns. (I've only had time to play the first 6 holes there, though.) If I lived there I'd happily alternate btwn those 3.

Skip the Eagle's Claw in Gainesville VA unless you just happen to be driving by.

Chocolate!

Dude,

If you have any interest at all in chocolate, from Dupont Circle you've just GOT to visit Biagio Fine Chocolate. It's at 1904 18th St NW. Tel: 202-328-1506. Closed Mon. Call for store hours. See www.biagiochocolate.com.

You can buy most of the best gourmet chocolate bars in the world there. (You have to pay more, but it's SO worth it!) The proprietors are ultra friendly. If you meet Biagio please tell him that "Lowe from North Carolina" sent you. As far as my knowledge goes, this is the best place to buy chocolate from GA to NJ.

If you like chocolate, or are even open to wanting to learn to like chocolate, then sign up for Biagio's newsletter and go to their free chocolate tastings. One time I thought about making a 5 hr drive up for one. If you're new to chocolate start with Felchlin or Amedei (the best but the most expensive.)

Olorin .... I just might have to try that chocolate ... Again thanks for all the feedback ... On that note does anyone know if there are any disc stores nearby ... I just moved here from Knoxville TN and we had a great store there ... Pluto Discs ... If you are ever in the area you should check it out http://www.plutosports.com/discs.htm .. the campus store has a better selection

Speaking of knowing the courses, Hey Biscoe, when are you going to let everyone in on the secret of disc golf bliss at Hawk's Hallow and post it up here? I keep hearing EVERYONE talking about it but can never find any information on it. I for one would love to make it out to a tourny there!

Dude,

If you have any interest at all in chocolate, from Dupont Circle you've just GOT to visit Biagio Fine Chocolate. It's at 1904 18th St NW. Tel: 202-328-1506. Closed Mon. Call for store hours. See www.biagiochocolate.com.

You can buy most of the best gourmet chocolate bars in the world there. (You have to pay more, but it's SO worth it!) The proprietors are ultra friendly. If you meet Biagio please tell him that "Lowe from North Carolina" sent you. As far as my knowledge goes, this is the best place to buy chocolate from GA to NJ.

If you like chocolate, or are even open to wanting to learn to like chocolate, then sign up for Biagio's newsletter and go to their free chocolate tastings. One time I thought about making a 5 hr drive up for one. If you're new to chocolate start with Felchlin or Amedei (the best but the most expensive.)

Olorin,
This may be the single most important post you have ever posted on this site :D :D

Originally Posted by Olorin
Dude,

Olorin,
This may be the single most important post you have ever posted on this site :D :D

Quite possible.

Valk, are you into chocolate too? I'm an aspiring chocophile, so I also review gourmet chocolate.

Quite possible.

Valk, are you into chocolate too? I'm an aspiring chocophile, so I also review gourmet chocolate.

I love chocolate but I've never reviewed chocolate or anything like that. I do like to try different chocolates but I prefer dark above all others. I think it would be cool to get into tasting gourmet chocolate though.

I love chocolate but I've never reviewed chocolate or anything like that. I do like to try different chocolates but I prefer dark above all others. I think it would be cool to get into tasting gourmet chocolate though.

How far are you from New York City? That's the mecca for chocolate on the East Coast.

Be on the look out for a thread about Chocolate and a Chocolate Lovers Social coming in the near future...

Im actually pretty close to NYC, by train its about an hr.

I joined the social group too! :D

Even closer than the Grange or Loriella is Giles run @ laurel hill park in Lorton. It's just down I95, great course, pro tees rock!

how is Giles Run? Next time in DC I was thinking of playing that course.

I mentioned Giles Run in post 7 of this thread. Here's a repeat, but I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough about the course... yet.

"Giles Run may be one of the Top 5 in VA, just watch out for massive amounts of thorns. (I've only had time to play the first 6 holes there, though.)"

If you haven't played Seneca then you should go there first.

I mentioned Giles Run in ...
If you haven't played Seneca then you should go there first.

I was hoping for a local perspective ;) :p

I played Seneca during the renovations and didnt enjoy it much, I need to get back and replay the new course.

Latest posts