• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weight of a disc?

tcarr

Noob question for yall. I always hear people talking about the exact weight of their discs and whatnot but how do you determine the exact weight of your disc? It seems like its even different between the same molds?

Most new discs have the weight written on the bottom or a sticker with the weight range on the bottom. There are a few websites where you can order discs by weight and color.

The only way to really be sure is to weigh them yourself.

discgolfcenter is great, you can pick both weight and color. marshall street recently started the same thing.

i have found discraft to be the most consistent as far as marked weight goes, followed by innova then gateway.

Keep in mind that the plastics can hold water, so they may have more or less water in them when they weighed them as compared to when you weighed them. That means your reading may be different from what they have on the disc.

I've found that the variations in weight are eclipsed by changes in how the discs mold up. So, once you find a weight you like you can stick with it without having to worry about whether or not a new one is a couple grams off from what it says on the back.