• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Well now here's an amusing Linkedin article

His website is still up: www.discolf.com

Including the presumptuous present-tense claim:

We design ultra top quality gorgeous DISCOLF® courses and produce nationally televised DISCOLF® tournaments and events on some of those courses.

So do these courses actually exist? I thought this was all concept...has anyone played on one of these newer courses?

That link doesn't work, I just clicked on it, "page not found".

Same here. Glad I got to read it yesterday before he took it down or changed the privacy settings. For his pitch to work he's counting on the readers to know nothing about the sport. If they did they'd tear it to pieces like we're doing here.

My favorite part was when he talked about the "basket on a pole". He clearly hates them, and after reading some of the history I see where his grudge comes from. For me, the greatest moment on the course is when I hear those chains after a long shot, OMG!

His website is still up: www.discolf.com

Including the presumptuous present-tense claim:

We design ultra top quality gorgeous DISCOLF® courses and produce nationally televised DISCOLF® tournaments and events on some of those courses.

WHAT NATIONALLY TELEVISED TOURNAMENTS????

Holy crap I hope this tool is lurking somewhere on DGCR...

All the images I see are computer generated.

That's what I thought too, but like DavidSauls said, his statement sounds present tense.

I was hoping to watch one of these tournaments on YouTube tonight. :\

I've seen more than a few folks over the years who would think Mr. Ingle's vision for disc golf would be awesome... It's sad in a way.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but your post strikes me as unbelievably judgmental, negative, and I question whether you have anything but anecdotes to back up your claims. again, not trying to start an internet fight, I just hear a lot of negativity in your comments.

Carrying on...
Honestly, I do not think his idea is great, but it is already taking off. Look at the Las Vegas event - wide open, ball golf course... Not as entertaining (to me) as our traditional courses, but certainly provides a more professional look for our sport.

I think the article missed a lot. And, as usual, I agree with Three Putt on a lot of what he is saying. That said, there is a small cross section of disc golfers, like myself, that are also corporate stooges, I mean professionals....

It can be embarrassing to admit to being a disc golfer around the office because there are so many negative stereotypes about drugs and alcohol being associated with our sport. So, while I am not totally in favor of the ideas of this article, I can see a benefit to having a more legitimate public presentation of the sport I love so much.

Additionally, I don't think our sport will ever completely move away from free play in public parks. So, while Ingle may have a vision, it certainly will not change the current state of the sport anytime soon. So, everyone can put their pitchforks away for now...

Personally, I would pay to play a good course that is fun, challenging, and well maintained. Not necessarily wide open or manicured fairways, but there is something to be said about trimmed overgrowth, nice concrete tee pads, geographically representative tee signs, etc.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but your post strikes me as unbelievably judgmental, negative, and I question whether you have anything but anecdotes to back up your claims. again, not trying to start an internet fight, I just hear a lot of negativity in your comments.

Carrying on...
Honestly, I do not think his idea is great, but it is already taking off. Look at the Las Vegas event - wide open, ball golf course... Not as entertaining (to me) as our traditional courses, but certainly provides a more professional look for our sport.

I think the article missed a lot. And, as usual, I agree with Three Putt on a lot of what he is saying. That said, there is a small cross section of disc golfers, like myself, that are also corporate stooges, I mean professionals....

It can be embarrassing to admit to being a disc golfer around the office because there are so many negative stereotypes about drugs and alcohol being associated with our sport. So, while I am not totally in favor of the ideas of this article, I can see a benefit to having a more legitimate public presentation of the sport I love so much.

Additionally, I don't think our sport will ever completely move away from free play in public parks. So, while Ingle may have a vision, it certainly will not change the current state of the sport anytime soon. So, everyone can put their pitchforks away for now...

Personally, I would pay to play a good course that is fun, challenging, and well maintained. Not necessarily wide open or manicured fairways, but there is something to be said about trimmed overgrowth, nice concrete tee pads, geographically representative tee signs, etc.

Yes, but what this guy's proposing goes way beyond disc golf on golf courses, better amenities, and pay-to-play. He's suggesting golf-course-style, exclusively disc golf courses, at the costs of millions of dollars, and that they'll be profitable.

Back in the day, my wife's summer job was running the beer cart at the local golf course. The guys she served make disc golfers look like lightweights. We're talking bloody marys with chasers and whiskey spiked Gatorade for breakfast. They just wear nicer clothes and pay a club fee, which somehow makes it more socially acceptable.

I've played golf with people so drunk, they couldn't drive the cart. No joke.

And I always played in the morning, so...

I kinda like the "negative stereotype" thing to a certain extent. The "disc golf guy" identity adds a bit of weird unknown to me with my co-workers, like they really don't know how to process it. I find it funny to watch them try to process it. But I'm not a lawyer or fighting up the corporate ladder or anything where that bit of weird unknown might be detrimental. That would be different; I can afford to be a little weird and not worry about it.

Back in the day I would have loved a private course in St. Louis where I could pay to play, concentrate on my game and avoid the buzzkill guys I didn't like running into. There were days at White Birch and JB where I just looked around at the other players and wondered how the Hell I ended up there.

You hear what you want to hear, especially when you out of context someone's words in a manner that changes the tone of what they originally said.

You question whether I have anything but an anecdote to back that up? I relayed my observation of many people I've seen over the years. If someone is spending money they don't have, buying things they're not sure they want, to belong with people they're not sure they like, my judgment of their actions is irrelevant. That doesn't mean their actions didn't happen, or don't have potential negative consequences to their well being.

I kinda like the "negative stereotype" thing to a certain extent. The "disc golf guy" identity adds a bit of weird unknown to me with my co-workers, like they really don't know how to process it. I find it funny to watch them try to process it. But I'm not a lawyer or fighting up the corporate ladder or anything where that bit of weird unknown might be detrimental. That would be different; I can afford to be a little weird and not worry about it.

Back in the day I would have loved a private course in St. Louis where I could pay to play, concentrate on my game and avoid the buzzkill guys I didn't like running into. There were days at White Birch and JB where I just looked around at the other players and wondered how the Hell I ended up there.

I relate to this, and to some extent still have that issue you describe in second paragraph. I run into alot of 820 rated players who think they are ready for full sponsorship and the National Tour. (I have no issue at all playing with 820 rated players, just the jamokes who think they are a gift to disc golf because they jumped up 30 points from last season).

Last edited:
After your CHAMPIONSHIP DISCOLF® COURSE is designed and built... we'll place it on the PROFESSIONAL DISCOLF® TOUR...
as our tournament production company presents your premier DISCOLF® course/facility... for all to see... on national television!

There is already a very well established television audience... on the edge of their seat... primed to watch DISCOLF®.
For decades, millions of fans have waited to see DISCOLF® on television... and the visibility will attract thousands of players to your site.

I wonder if that promise comes with a written guarantee?

The ADGT guys would have blushed if they'd made such a promise.