• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Warship

Took my warship out today and I love thing! It glides for daaaaayyys! I'm pretty weak and I got it out past 300 no problem. I'd imagine anyone with a cannon arm could get it out to 350-400 or so. Held a lot of lines that I put it on. A little windy today so hard for me to totally judge the fade. I will say that it's pretty worthless into the wind. Seems to be pretty all purpose...kinda a longer roc: basically as advertised

So I'm guessing discnation got the jump on everybody due to the memorial but if they have made it to the states why hasn't anyone else got them for sale by now? I want some max weight warships!

I've got a vip and tourney coming today. Prob. won't get to fully test them until next week though:thmbdown: Hopefully this wind will back off of 25mph for a while this evening, so I can throw them a little.

So I'm guessing discnation got the jump on everybody due to the memorial but if they have made it to the states why hasn't anyone else got them for sale by now? I want some max weight warships!

Memorial has nothing to do with it. International shipping and customs does

I know that I was just speculating that they were first seen at the memorial and discnation got theirs first and they play a big part in the memorial. Just wondering if this was why.

IMG_20120306_153711.jpg

I just got a handful of throws in with my vip and tourney warships (both 168g). Same PLH's, the VIP has more dome and they both have a decent amount of flash. Just got a handful of tosses with a quartering l-r tailwind maybe 5 mph. For a frame of reference, I'm throwing these about 285ish. These have a TON of glide. Seemed really fast out of the hand. VIP was more lss. Neither turned over from a flat release.

I threw them side by side with a pain, fuse, and core. They had better glide than the core and easier distance than the core. I am hesitant to say this, but the warship's glide may be on par with the fuse. Where I get a late high speed turn with the fuse, the warship just holds straight with very little fade. In terms of feel, the warship's rim is a little shallower and more slanted than the pain. IMO, it is very comfortable and easy to rip.

I'll get an all mid/putter round next week and have a better idea. I'm not sure that it will make the bag. It kind of depends on how it reacts when the flash wears down.

anyone backhand roll one of these yet? I am really hoping to get a buzzz out of my bag and just roll with Westside and Innova.

Latest posts