• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whale Sacs

jskew113

* Ace Member *
Was only able to find an old thread with a link that didn't seem to go anywhere.

With how popular these seem to have become I figured it was useful to have a thread. Place to comment and give feedback about the product.

https://whalesacs.com/

Looking for some feedback myself. Is there anything that can be done with these once they get wet? Played a very wet tournament round over the weekend and everything not in a plastic bag got wet. I'm concerned they may not go back to their "normal" feel. Any tips/ tricks to freshen up a wet sac?

I assume you can hang them up in a warm dry area, might take a while to dry. I would try to hang it in front of a south facing window so it gets the most sun to warm up and chase off the moisture. Definitely don't want to put them in the clothes dryer unless you want the wife to murder you in your sleep. Gotta imagine they would eventually dry though.

Was only able to find an old thread with a link that didn't seem to go anywhere.

With how popular these seem to have become I figured it was useful to have a thread. Place to comment and give feedback about the product.

https://whalesacs.com/

Looking for some feedback myself. Is there anything that can be done with these once they get wet? Played a very wet tournament round over the weekend and everything not in a plastic bag got wet. I'm concerned they may not go back to their "normal" feel. Any tips/ tricks to freshen up a wet sac?

Sigh.....there is literally an answer to your question on the FAQ section of the link you provided.

https://whalesacs.com/faq/

DISCLAIMER* You will have to scroll down on the page, in the link provided.

My Whale Sac just ripped yesterday as I was pulling it out of the front pouch of my Paratrooper. Ripped at the seam attaching the tail to the rest of the body. I've had it since March of last year. I've never sewn anything before, but used that as an opportunity to try. It was relatively quick and easy and kinda cool looking with different colored thread. Other than that small minor setback, I'd still recommend them to anyone looking for a chalk bag. I got mine soaked in a rain round and after leaving it out to dry for a day it was all back to normal.

I find most anything powdery helps out when my hands are sweaty. Dirt, chalk bag, wood chips, etc.

I went to top golf for a party a month ago. The clubs have horrible grips and they all felt greasy to me. Every time I'd hit the ball I was afraid I was going to throw the club. Of course, my DG backpack stays in the truck but unfortunately, I had recently lost my chalk bag. So frustrating. And of course top golf doesn't sell a chalk bag--but, they will sell you an overpriced glove. Picked up a discraft bag the other day.

I don't like to feel anything between my hand and the disc, and usually bring a towel even in dry conditions, just to wipe the dirt/ dust off the disc and/or my hands.

I'm OK throwing with certain cottony gloves on in the winter, but dust on the discs.... I have to wipe. Ideally,I want to feel the disc, and nothing else.

To anyone that's had a whale sac, mitten bag, or whatever split open on them - are they all basically kitty litter inside?

To anyone that's had a whale sac, mitten bag, or whatever split open on them - are they all basically kitty litter inside?

When my whale sac split, the contents looked like kitty litter. Their website states the filling is "a simple clay stone and powder, no other ingredients. The collection location of the clay varies so you may see slight color differences with different Whale Sacs." I used to use a homemade grip bag with actual litter in it and it was much more dusty and messy than my whale sac. I could leave the homemade bag in my putter pouch and it'd get so powdery so fast. My whale sac takes some work to get the dust out and leaves hardly any mess. Just from that experience I don't think whale sacs contain actual litter.

When my whale sac split, the contents looked like kitty litter. Their website states the filling is "a simple clay stone and powder, no other ingredients. The collection location of the clay varies so you may see slight color differences with different Whale Sacs." I used to use a homemade grip bag with actual litter in it and it was much more dusty and messy than my whale sac. I could leave the homemade bag in my putter pouch and it'd get so powdery so fast. My whale sac takes some work to get the dust out and leaves hardly any mess. Just from that experience I don't think whale sacs contain actual litter.

Fair enough, though I know there are brands of litter that dust less. My mitten bag leaves a fair bit of dust in the pocket, so I'd imagine it's a different brand of litter. Still works great, so I'm not mad... :D

Fair enough, though I know there are brands of litter that dust less. My mitten bag leaves a fair bit of dust in the pocket, so I'd imagine it's a different brand of litter. Still works great, so I'm not mad... :D

As long as it works, right?

Latest posts