• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What bag and cart does Big Jerm use?

morgothaod

I think the cart is a Bag Boy Quad XL but I'm not sure of the bag. Thanks

Attachments

• bagback.JPG
    bagback.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 83
  • bagfront.JPG
    bagfront.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 88
yea the bag is a pound octothorpe, I believe he said that's the color combo for his 2021 signature bag. Not sure on the cart.

If you search google for Big Jerm Pound Bag you can see the tan/black combo they did last? year and the red white and blue they did 2 years ago.

Definitely Bag Boy Quad XL and a Pound Octothorpe.

Having had a recently intimate run-in with this cart/bag combo, it will definitely be one that I scoop when I find a good deal (already have the Octo).

I take it any bag would work with it? I have a shoulder bag that I have attached backpack straps to.

Attachments

• 41p1np76CNL._AC_.jpg
    41p1np76CNL._AC_.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 15
I take it any bag would work with it? I have a shoulder bag that I have attached backpack straps to.

Assuming You're trying to avoid bending down too much, I'd rather use something like a Prodigy Tournament Bag or any other similar bag. You can mount it up high so it's easier to get the discs. You can try some practice bags as well, but You'd probably need to mount it with the shoulder strap, which makes it a hassle to get some discs out of the bag.

Pic to see how the tournament bag sits on a Rovic in attachments.

Attachments

• IMG_20210124_182010.jpg
    IMG_20210124_182010.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 71
Does the Quad Boy XL require any adjustments or changes to use a Disc bag over a club bag?

Does the Quad Boy XL require any adjustments or changes to use a Disc bag over a club bag?
Not really, but there are some considerations to be aware of...

The mounting arms/straps on the XL are slightly angular (meant to wrap around a golf club bag), so there's potential for accelerated wear and tear on the shoulder straps of your disc golf bag. This looks to be something that could be modified fairly easily though, using something like pipe insulation foam or a pool noodle to give some padding to the mounting arms.

As someone mentioned, you're going to need a fairly weighty bag for this cart to really provide an optimal experience. Because it's designed to carry a golf club bag, part of the design is to shift the weight distribution to a more neutral position once the bag is attached. When a bag isn't attached, the majority of the weight is in the cart handle, causing the cart to tip over. For the weight distribution issue alone, I can't see this cart being very functional with your standard shoulder bag/quad straps, as there just wouldn't be enough weight to offset the counterbalance needed to give the cart its advertised agility. Conversely, this is why the cart is a great compliment to an Octothorpe/haul, because when the bag is loaded up it provides great counterbalance for the cart, especially if you're going to be making use of the handle-based storage options that come on the XL.

Honestly, there's no way I would recommend this cart unless you've got a fairly heavy backpack style bag, Anything less almost certainly wouldn't work to provide the necessary stability and the cart would be a squirrely mess, making it more hassle than it would be worth.

The mounting arms/straps on the XL are slightly angular (meant to wrap around a golf club bag), so there's potential for accelerated wear and tear on the shoulder straps of your disc golf bag. This looks to be something that could be modified fairly easily though, using something like pipe insulation foam or a pool noodle to give some padding to the mounting arms.

As someone mentioned, you're going to need a fairly weighty bag for this cart to really provide an optimal experience. Because it's designed to carry a golf club bag, part of the design is to shift the weight distribution to a more neutral position once the bag is attached. When a bag isn't attached, the majority of the weight is in the cart handle, causing the cart to tip over. For the weight distribution issue alone, I can't see this cart being very functional with your standard shoulder bag/quad straps, as there just wouldn't be enough weight to offset the counterbalance needed to give the cart its advertised agility. Conversely, this is why the cart is a great compliment to an Octothorpe/haul, because when the bag is loaded up it provides great counterbalance for the cart, especially if you're going to be making use of the handle-based storage options that come on the XL.

Honestly, there's no way I would recommend this cart unless you've got a fairly heavy backpack style bag, Anything less almost certainly wouldn't work to provide the necessary stability and the cart would be a squirrely mess, making it more hassle than it would be worth.

Great insight! Thanks.

I've had a bag boy cart for about 8 years now with zero modifications. I use both a B series and C series Grip Bag and have bad absolutely zero of the issues you mentioned above. I've even used the old Gorilla Boy chimp with Quad straps and had no issues. I've beaten the crap out of this cart and have taken it across the country to all types of courses and it's still going strong.

The bag boy cart in my opinion is the best cart that can be purchased. The only other consideration I've ever had is for a Zuca. I've had many friends try damn near all the other cart options and they all got rid of them and went either Bag Boy or Zuca.

The bag I mainly use is an old 2nd run Grip bag and it still looks great with barely any wear. It seems to me your assumptions were just based on looks but not actual ownership.

The cart can tip but it's easily rectified by adjusting the handle height compared to the load. Tipping has never been a real issue for me. My shoulder straps have zero wear or at least no real obvious wear from the cart.

My only complaint after 8 years of ownership is that I can't sit on it. For me it's been the best disc golf purchase I've made in the 21 years I've been playing.

Last edited:
Hey all! I know I haven't been a part of the convo in this thread, but I wanted to weigh in.

I have been going back on forth on what cart to get for months now. I treated myself to a Grip Ax4.. - the biggest Grip bag. I knew I needed a cart that would house it so I could cart or carry as needed. I ended up deciding I wanted the Rovic or the Bag Boy Quad XL.

After a lot of deliberation, I chose the Bag Boy and took it out tonight for it's maiden voyage and WOW! I was super impressed. I was easily able to hang my bag from the top part that is for the golf bag and used the sternum strap and wrapped it around the pole.

I played a pretty hilly and elevation type course - no stairs though and it blew me away. It was pretty muddy as well and it took everything in stride. Since I was pushing, I was able to see everything I was driving at and avoid the things I needed to. The brake seemed to work fine, but took some getting used to as it only stops one of the rear wheels.

Overall, I think if you have a big bag and want an easy out of the box push type cart, the Bag Boy is a great choice.

Latest posts