• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] What do you bag which is REALLY underrated?

The Spark somehow has a 23 page thread, but I've never seen anyone throw one on the course or even know anything about the disc when they see me throw one

When they came out that was a hot disc, there were everywhere for a bit, then they got retooled and people were not happy about it.

aim used to have a xout 130g ish one for like $4

flick of the wrist and watch it do work

think it was thrown into a fenced off garden iirc

Where's his bitch ass at? Haven't talked to M in a while

Where's his bitch ass at? Haven't talked to M in a while

at church cuz hes scared

lulz no hes been working a ton and doesnt play much dg anymoar

hes doin pretty well tho

i did text him to remind him hes no longer #1 all time poster on here but even that wasnt enough to lure him back on

The Spark somehow has a 23 page thread, but I've never seen anyone throw one on the course or even know anything about the disc when they see me throw one

I've been throwing a Goldline Spark since they retooled the mold. It has been my go to fh fairway driver since I purchased it. Stable enough to hold a line, but not so power hungry that you can't finesse a shot with it.

I can't remember, what's the default post count per page? The Discraft Archer shows 3 pages 110 comments for me, with last post 10-29-2019

Not a good disc for torque monkeys or people who don't like touchy discs. but in the woods or on calm days it's excellent for high panning Anny shots and throwing on a hard hyzer to get a flip up and then late turn. I use it in the 200-250' range, but have occasionally thrown it on longer holes where it's the only disc in my bag that has the shape I'm looking for and snuck it up to 275-280'

Count me in on the use of the mold, but I have seen others use it though more often they have it for a wooded version of the Pro D or X Stratus that they use more for a Cycle of standard disc and Rollers, with backup rollers for the nearly worn out disc ready to become unusable during the round.

Impact, nobody liked the mold after ESP changed in 2007 to the second generation of ESP that was not as OS and way less durable. They also did not really like the mold in the Ace Race, they either hated the mold or loved it but found the Identical flight Glide to do the job better.

#2 Upshot, very few use the mold, I only know of one other guy who uses this mold in Prostyle (same plastic as me) as a driving putter who now lives in Sioux Falls South Dakota. This mold is basically a putter version of a Spider.

Shark 3, yeah same thing as a old pre Emac Truth in flight when both are new and somehow one of these two is the way way more popular mold to throw. Yet the Shark is way more popular despite the mold being the same disc wing without a flat top. Reason this mold got stopped for a Lion where one can't currently use the Star very well, I almost dropped one in a store when picking up the mold in Star to feel.

The Archer, more use and cycle a set of Pro D or X Stratus and claim the mold is more confortable in the hand when both are nearly the same thing.

The Titanic, I use the Proline Titanic and nobody uses that, when I see rec in the bags of those who use the mold they have a few for throwing putters/putting putter one of the two if not both. Almost nobody uses the mold.

The Dragon, this is due to hate on the newest version of DX plastic the mold is made in, a true R style DX in that it is stiff Wahoo/stiff Pro Pig type R-Pro in feel but DX in durability. Lots do not like the mold thinking they can only use it for water but can also do calm/tailwind in fully open land bomber provided the ground is not a rocky/hard dessert or hard rock , otherwise said mold goes from US like a 150 gram DX Valkyrie to as US as a 150 gram Champion Mamba in a few rounds.

Last edited:
I don't understand the search functions on here, but I'll go with the Westside Northman. I'm the only person I've heard talk about them. I think maybe Moose mentioned throwing one back in the day but that's it.

They work great for me though. :thmbup:

Seems like the bastard stepchild of Trilogy might have quite a few underrated molds. Boatman, Fortress, Longbowman, Ahti, Pine, Sampo. Hell, nobody talks about the Gatekeeper and they've been pushing that on everyone for a few years.

I really enjoy my X2's. Getting great straight flights with impressive distance when beat in. Never had one that lost the reliable fade at the end. Never had a disc with as much skip as this, for better or worse.

Impact, nobody liked the mold after ESP changed in 2007 to the second generation of ESP that was not as OS and way less durable. They also did not really like the mold in the Ace Race, they either hated the mold or loved it but found the Identical flight Glide to do the job better.

#2 Upshot, very few use the mold, I only know of one other guy who uses this mold in Prostyle (same plastic as me) as a driving putter who now lives in Sioux Falls South Dakota. This mold is basically a putter version of a Spider.

Shark 3, yeah same thing as a old pre Emac Truth in flight when both are new and somehow one of these two is the way way more popular mold to throw. Yet the Shark is way more popular despite the mold being the same disc wing without a flat top. Reason this mold got stopped for a Lion where one can't currently use the Star very well, I almost dropped one in a store when picking up the mold in Star to feel.

The Archer, more use and cycle a set of Pro D or X Stratus and claim the mold is more confortable in the hand when both are nearly the same thing.

The Titanic, I use the Proline Titanic and nobody uses that, when I see rec in the bags of those who use the mold they have a few for throwing putters/putting putter one of the two if not both. Almost nobody uses the mold.

The Dragon, this is due to hate on the newest version of DX plastic the mold is made in, a true R style DX in that it is stiff Wahoo/stiff Pro Pig type R-Pro in feel but DX in durability. Lots do not like the mold thinking they can only use it for water but can also do calm/tailwind in fully open land bomber provided the ground is not a rocky/hard dessert or hard rock , otherwise said mold goes from US like a 150 gram DX Valkyrie to as US as a 150 gram Champion Mamba in a few rounds.

If you change the search criteria to include posts and not just titles, the #2 upshot has to be one of the most frequently discussed discs on here.:p

Wombat3 - 7 pages, last post March 2020. Wonderful disc, especially in the woods.

And one of the best thread titles ever:

for the love of all things not necessary: Wombat 3 is born... :D

If you change the search criteria to include posts and not just titles, the #2 upshot has to be one of the most frequently discussed discs on here.:p

Mainly due to me now or others comparing or asking right after the original owners death, as well as before 2010.

I agree on the Wombat, 3 it is underrated and if I went all Innova the Wombat 3/Wombat would replace the Impact. The Skeeter is not an Impact/Glide type disc, it is more putter like in flight glide then the Impact at the right weights, 170-172 grams and 173-174 grams. Maybe the person had a 177+ Gram Impact they compared to the Skeeter?, then the Impact would fly like a Skeeter.

I don't understand the search functions on here, but I'll go with the Westside Northman. I'm the only person I've heard talk about them. I think maybe Moose mentioned throwing one back in the day but that's it.

Seems like the bastard stepchild of Trilogy might have quite a few underrated molds. Boatman, Fortress, Longbowman, Ahti, Pine, Sampo. Hell, nobody talks about the Gatekeeper and they've been pushing that on everyone for a few years.

Only ones I read people talk about on this site are the Westside molds that Johnny E McCray or now Westside sponsored Nikko L use for play and that is about it for molds, say maybe the Harp if neither use that disc as it is preferred over the Sinus due to not quite as OS or the grip pads on the Sinus.

where team trilogy homies at

OK I had an idea - tell me what you bag which is underrated.

WAIT WAIT before you click away, let's put a spin on it. Do an advanced search within the "Discs" subsection of DGCR and under Keywords do "Search Titles Only."

Take the name of that disc you bag which you feel like nobody knows about and search it. If it pops up with <10 pages worth of replies, post it. If there is more than 10 pages of discussion on your favorite sleeper disc, I got news for you son, it ain't a sleeper <3

Mine is the Vertex - OOP mid, slow and understable GYRO goodness
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128240&highlight=vertex

Underrated isn't a synonym for unpopular.

I take your point though. Lots of not underrated discs get called underrated.

Your thread tho.

Last edited: