• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What do you call or consider a Lid...?

For me it's anything bigger and glidier than a traditional putter. A zeppelin is borderline, just about anything superclass is definitely a lid.

For me it's anything bigger and glidier than a traditional putter. A zeppelin is borderline, just about anything superclass is definitely a lid.

This, or at least bigger+slower. Birdies don't glide much, but I definitely consider them lid-esque.

This was recently discussed in a similar thread: Beware the man that has a lid in the bag...
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72988

Here's what i posted: (pretty much anything with this shape, where the flight plate is the same general thickness as the rim/wing).

If anyone is still confused, Coffee can lids look like polecats and birdies.
coffee-can.jpg

Anything not a golf disc! Any disc with a straight down rim used for playing catch. "garbage can lid"

Aww the birdie that gets no love. I remember the thread where the birdie was in quite a few peoples top ten worst discs ever. I for one still use birdies when the wind is calm and always have one in my bag! Other then my ions it is my go to putter.

^^^I respect Birdies, I wasn't talking down upon them:)

Just because it is thick or fastback (i.e. SOnic) I would not consider them a lid. This is my opinion, of course, but lids would be catch discs.

Funny story: I was at my local course on Monday and I saw a middle-aged gentleman and either his granddaughter or daughter (same age as my daughter, but this guy was at least 20 years older than me...I digress) and they were throwing some Wham-Os they had picked up. He asked me and my partner where we got our discs, then I kind of gave him a basic rundown of my bag and asked if he wanted to throw one. He said "sure!" and proceeded to grab my Discmania Gremlin and effortlessly launch it about 250 feet from a standstill. He thanked me and left.

So I'm kinda scared to go back to the course when this guy has some real discs, because he will undoubtadely beat my @$$ in score!

Pretty much speed one putters that are meant to fly similarly to catch discs. Ex. Sonic, Superhero, Rattler, Birdie, etc.

Lid to me means shaped like a lid, as in a disc without a beveled edge.

Latest posts