• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What exactly is "Perfect Form"?

I would posit that McBeth has "ideal" form.

I think the closest to "perfect" is Feldberg. From watching clinics of his, I would say he seems to understand the mechanics better than anyone.

I think Shoestrings has the smoothest form for backhand
Big Jerm for forehand

I think it could be any of these guys too. I'm just really a fan for an "ideal" method of throwing. All sports have a form that is taught to all beginner, and they all have successful athletes whose form is almost completely counter to that "ideal" form (i.e. Shawn Marion's basketball shot, Philip River's football throw, etc.).

If you think about it, all of us would teach an eager, coachable beginner the same throwing form principles. And I would agree that any of the above pros' form could fit that "ideal" category.

I can feel DG inching closer to ESPn coverage hahaha :D:D

Consider this: Tiger Woods "changed his swing" about 5 or so years back. I don't think there is such thing as "perfect" but you can be in an "ideal range" that does all of the things that people have already said here.