• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What is the best Putt/Approach disc?

Don't you putt with your Atom(s) at all? With the soft grippy overmold it hits chains and kerplunk into bottom of basket. :)

As much as I like discraft the Roach's stamp and name speaks to the immaturity that remains in DG.

And this is exactly why it's such a great name and stamp. What could possibly be better than watching the codgers get bent out of shape over a little fun and games?

The only thing I can think of that might be more fun than that might just be a Polecat.

Since you said both putt and approach it's the kc aviar.

Second question: I love the polecat more than i love the aviar, but the aviar in its various incarnations is the better disc and the one that's in my bag. A beat kc aviar and a fresh one will do all the things a polecat can do and more. Still like the polecat more though.

Polecat is a lid that will do things the KC Aviars won't. I personally carry a challenger and a rattler (polecat-like) but the reason is sometimes I want something like a catch disc for a shot. So keep the KC Aviars and the polecat. I reach for my rattler maybe twice a game but I like it when it is there.

And this is exactly why it's such a great name and stamp. What could possibly be better than watching the codgers get bent out of shape over a little fun and games?

Because it's yet another example of Disc Golf putting forth a bad image for itself. I don't see how naming a disc after one of the filthiest, most repulsive insects in the world is a good thing.

And if you say it was named after marijuana, then let's get into the weeds (pun intended) about encouraging families with children to play disc golf. Great standard to be setting, there. (/sarcasm)

Because it's yet another example of Disc Golf putting forth a bad image for itself. I don't see how naming a disc after one of the filthiest, most repulsive insects in the world is a good thing.

And if you say it was named after marijuana, then let's get into the weeds (pun intended) about encouraging families with children to play disc golf. Great standard to be setting, there. (/sarcasm)

LOL. See this is fun!

I throw Roaches and I have a kid. I encourage him to play disc golf and I rely on good parenting to find all of the teachable moments. After all, if you don't talk to your kid about the Discraft Roach, who will?

The only thing I can think of that might be more fun than that might just be a Polecat.

Don't forget this little guy.

Gopher.jpg

It still cracks me up that he's wearing sneakers. I don't know why.

Latest posts