• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your winter weather limit?

I gladly play in: (select all that apply)

• Temps under 40F

Votes: 179 68.6%
  • Temps under freezing

Votes: 147 56.3%
  • Temps under 20F

Votes: 124 47.5%
  • High wind and temp under freezing

Votes: 110 42.1%
  • Minimal snow (disc unlikely to bury in most places)

Votes: 160 61.3%
  • Heavy to drifting snow (disc will bury in many places)

Votes: 114 43.7%
  • Ice - (slick frozen ground and/or icy tee pads)

Votes: 117 44.8%

• Total voters
I have played a round with 4'-5' snow drifts....it was funny seeing my dog make his way through all of that. He loves the snow! We crawled through some of them b/c it was impossible to walk.

I will play in any temp, wind or snow/ice conditions, but I will not play in heavy rain....it's just not for me.

I'm surprised at how many people balk at 40°. I'm playing tournaments the next two weekends, and already played one Jan 5th - setting a personal record at my home course! - this weekend says 22° and 20+mph winds. :D

I'm surprised at how many people balk at 40°. I'm playing tournaments the next two weekends, and already played one Jan 5th - setting a personal record at my home course! - this weekend says 22° and 20+mph winds. :D

Shhhhhh...! Don't start telling people how much fun winter golf can be. I like having the courses to myself.

Yesterday was probably the craziest conditions I've played in for a while, 30+ mph gusts and sideways snow with a temp of 25. Everything got wet. I wish I would have taken at least a few pictures when I was out there.

We drove into the course just fine, had to push the car out 2 hours later.

Shhhhhh...! Don't start telling people how much fun winter golf can be. I like having the courses to myself.

This really is the best part! My ladyfriend and I went out for a round yesterday and the snow after hole 7 or so (MSU DGC) was still pristine. It was beautiful, and also you could tell where your discs went under. :)

I love messing up untouched snow. I think skiing has had an influence on that...

I do try to take as few steps as possible though to give others a chance of finding their discs.

where's the warmer choices? it won't even let me vote! my drives would probably suck huge ones if I couldn't feel my hands, and all of my joints were aching and numb. this thread is my cold weather limit. haha. jk.

Playing in the snow is a blast! Playing in the rain at around 40 degrees is a good way to get sick. I don't mind the cold but I'd rather not get soaked when playing a round. In most cases I'm glad to get a round in during any season. My last ace was one of the coldest rounds I've had (temps somewhere in the teens that day) and one of the most memorable!

I walked out onto my course intending to play, but after hearing a steady stream of trees/branches coming down I decided against the possibility of getting crushed... I'll walk it later to see how bad the cleanup is going to be. :\

263104_10151637926116458_176271240_n.jpg

It's still snowing in WI? I guess their is a place in continental US with worse winters than Maine. It's been 60-70 here for over a week and the forecast shows no changes coming soon.

yeah crazy part was up here few miles north of the Twin Cities there is nothing on the ground... SOOOO glad lol that SUCKS martin! It ranges from 1-9 inches in a 5 mile area lol.

snow totally missed me. headed to the course now.. for thread reference its like 36 degrees, 15mph winds.

We are getting snow all the way down here, but the ground is so warm that its melting.

I can't remember a storm this late in the season in my lifetime, 2 days ago we had 70's for a week. Now I'm dodging trees and the power is flickering on and off, everything is closed, there's trees laying across the road. Might be a while before we can dig out, going to wait for it to stop snowing before I even begin on that.

As far as my course goes, I had a group of volunteers booked to finish clearing brush today/tomorrow and work on building tees. Now if/when they show up I'm sure it will take up most of our time to clean up the mess around main camp, much less get any work done on the course...

Latest posts