• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] What mids do you bag?

Usually (ideally) you will find me with

Bt md harp
fresh z buzzz
beat z buzzz
new z comet
beat or lighter z comet

For a long time I messed with more stable mids instead of the comet, but I just love the buzzz. It works similar lines in calm conditions but slightest winds make one or the other shine. Buzzz is also the best versatile forehand mid.

I have dropped x comets because I like powering up a putter or throwing forhand for the lines I liked the x for.

Suspect and Tangent. I lean heavily on the Suspect; Tangent usually comes out for tightly wooded holes. Hard for it to see much action in the windy Gulf Coast.

Resistor is a skiptastic mid/fairway tweener that gets a lot of work, too.

I've thought about putting in a faster stable line shaper, but haven't had the impetus to do so as of yet.

Lucid Truth - straight with fade, workable, sidearms, long for a mid
Fuzion Truth - straight with little fade, sidearm annys, great in the woods
Neutron Theory - understable mid, tweener approach shots

For casual rounds I often leave the Lucid Truth in the car.

I've stopped throwing Harps as much. Its clutch and essential for some shots, but I dont go to it for any OS mid work it can reach anymore. The difference in glide between the Harp and everything else in my bag means I have to think about it every time I use it or I will come up short.

Speaking of not-actually-mids used as mids, I use a VIP Felon for midrange hooks. I get better results with it than I did with my GL Trident or GL xXx.

Rejiggering my bag due to the sponsorship from Salient. Luckily, I can still throw a mixed bag for the time being, so there was only one change this season in my mid-range game. Here's what I carry at the moment:

Z Buzzz OS (utility)
2006 USDGC Champion Rancho Roc (Straight to fade, headwinds)
2x Champion Roc3 (Natural S-Curves, workhorse mid)
Flat Top DX Roc (straight for days...little hyzer=laser straight with no fade)
McPro Roc3 (turnovers)
Liquid Vaccine (tweener mid, decent stability....this replaced my Suspects)

OS mid- Gateway Demon
Stable/OS- Prodigy M3 proto (M2 current run)
Stable/US- Frost Claymore
SECRET WEAPON-... KASTAPLAST KAXE!!! Get one now

I first had a Roc setup, then a Buzzz setup but now I'm diggin' the Truth for most of my mid duties. 1 beat Lucid, either hyzer flip to straight or flat release to turn over. 1 fresh Lucid for solid fade. 1 Fluid Truth for less skip on fast greens or chilly days. I'm using a first run Buzzz OS for fighting wind, shorter skip shots or when you just need all that fade. For any shots shorter than my truths, my opto and zero hard pures and medium sinus get the job done out to a pretty decent distance with a good range of stabilities.

I know I already posted here, but things change.

S Warrior for stable- overstable (Though it's mostly overstable right now)

S Element for stable-understable.

Super beat DX Stingray for woobie purposes.

Now that is the exact same combo I rock right now... well except the Stingray.
And it is awsome!

I carry 5-6

2 champ roc3's - 1 freshish, 1 pretty beat
1 gstar roc3 - huge advocate of gummy plastic on upshots
2 flying squirrels - 1 heavy for most duties, 1 x 150 class for stand and deliver bh

sometimes I will carry a FLX Drone as well

3 Flat Top KC Pro Rocs
1 DX Rancho Roc

Opto XXX sees use as a pseudo midrange, even though its a speed 10 rim with spacer. Pure Beef.

Rejiggering my bag due to the sponsorship from Salient. Luckily, I can still throw a mixed bag for the time being, so there was only one change this season in my mid-range game. Here's what I carry at the moment:

Z Buzzz OS (utility)
2006 USDGC Champion Rancho Roc (Straight to fade, headwinds)
2x Champion Roc3 (Natural S-Curves, workhorse mid)
Flat Top DX Roc (straight for days...little hyzer=laser straight with no fade)
McPro Roc3 (turnovers)
Liquid Vaccine (tweener mid, decent stability....this replaced my Suspects)

Please tell me you didn't pay them to be on the Salient Squad.

Regular bag:
Fuzion Suspect: headwinds, more R-L movement than Envy, short/high spike hyzers
Eclipse Proton Vector: glidey and longer than Suspect, slightly OS / straight to fade
Dx Roc: straaaaiiiggghhhtt! Slight annys or sweeping hyzers.
Neutron Theory: Hyzer flip to straight, reliable controlled turnovers thrown flat
X Comet: Full turnovers, "this better not fade out" shots. Dat gliiiiiiiiddddeeee

Sub in a Proton Axis for workhorse duties for the overmold bag.

Cmoooonnn Electron Vectors!!

Last edited:
Just picked up a DX Gator to go along with my Champion Shark3 and Gold Line Core. That Gator flies much straighter for much longer than I thought it would. Does this sound about right? It's almost as if you took a PD and cut it down to half of its specs except the low speed fade.